Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac STS
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheel last night I went to my cuisines 9th birthday in bominvill. I drove my Cadillac this is the second week of it being insured and the 3 week I have owned the car. I was getting ready to leave and I hear that my grannies car was hit and the mere was hanging off!!:mad2: I’m like OMFG I run all the way over to my car which with my luck I was parked right in frond of hers car. And my mere is not only broken off it was missing the painted plastic cover. I could not find it any were. I can fix mere but I will need a new cover. I hat people that have nothing better to do with their time than screw up peoples nice cars!!!!!! this car was a 1996 sts in mint condishon befor my mear was riped off off bye some stuped kids:bomb: if i found them i would have killed them and im not just saying that i would. but i cant really do anything so all i can do is pick up the pesis and try to make it look half desent. does any one know how much the plastic pese will cost just the cover???:crying2: i hope i can get it for cheep:crying: my babys all broken

·
Registered
96 SLS 02 STS
38 Posts
ok.. if it was in a parking lot someone probly hit it with a door or something... as for the "mirror" do an online parts request through junk yard dog, or your local salvage yard.

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
That sucks buddy. I hope that you can find the stuff for some cheap prices. My suggestion like it has been on several other posts is, go to your local dealership, have them look up the part numbers for the pieces that you need and go to the following website, www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213761 , and call them and see how much it costs if you want the part new, my suggestion. I bought some stuff from them at a low cost. Some reason, stuff is cheaper there (CA) instead of where I live (NY).

:Offtopic: By the way, let's not bust his balls on the spelling and stuff, he explained in one of his earlier threads that he has learning disability that makes it hard for him to read and spell correctly. So, let's all take it in stride, none of us are perfect. so let's stop kicking the man :kick:

Back to the thread, good luck with getting the parts, let us know how it goes.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,792 Posts
MACTICULOUS said:
:Offtopic: By the way, let's not bust his balls on the spelling and stuff, he explained in one of his earlier threads that he has learning disability that makes it hard for him to read and spell correctly. So, let's all take it in stride, none of us are perfect. so let's stop kicking the man :kick:
All in all, I'd say he did much better this time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2000 Dev, 94 FW (crushed), 96 FW Limo (sold), 95 SLS (sold)
367 Posts
MACTICULOUS said:
Learning disability or not, it doesn't excuse laziness. Many people with disabilities do many things that are "hard" for them in order to have a more normal life or to fit in better. I think club car should buy a dictionary and use it. I think club car is just used to being told its OK when its really not. If he spent at least 30 minutes trying to edit and correct the original post, then I would apologize for my statement, but it a really appears that he just slops it up there and expects everyone else to do his deciphering. My point really is only that being hard is not an excuse for not trying hard.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
^^Agreed, but a simple 30 second spell check in any word processor would suffice.

·
Registered
2000 STS
48 Posts
Last August my wife came out of the grocery store and found that someone had "keyed" the passenger side of our STS. The repair was $900, three days of a rental car was about $100. So if it took this clown 3 seconds to do the damage, I figure he cost me $1.2 million an hour.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
There has only been ONE time that I wanted to vandalize someones car. Here is the picture 35 degrees outside, raining, Christmas shopping, in a crowded mall parking lot. Not a parking spot to be found and yea ******* in a red, pristine, 03 Z28 with mods has taken up THREE parking spaces right up close. He pulled in at an angle so there were no parking spaces on either side of him:rant2:. That is the only time I wanted to key someone a lovely Christmas message in their beautiful red paint job.

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
Parking lot crap and or while parked on a street are things that will happen.
By no means am I condoning any of it.
Just saying that it happens.
Is unbelievable how difficult it is for some people to manuever a vehicle.

If you cant get by or get it in then put it somewhere else or go round the other way !!!
It is really that simple.
You would think........:cookoo:

So my wifes car got rear ended on Monday morn.
The clincher is she wasnt even in it.
The double clinch is that it was in our driveway !!!!!!!!!!

Shes getting ready for work and hears a crunching sound.
(not much of a deal seeing as we're in a new area and construction is being done all around us. Hear weird noises all the time).

Then the dog starts barking her jowls off. (thats rare)

She quickly throws something on and runs down stairs to see whats up.
Looks out the front door and all she sees is the neighbor takin his dog across the street to the park for its walk.
She then goes about her business.

Im packin up and getting ready to go when she runs in freakin out........
Someone has hit her car !!!!!!

We do not live on a curve, bend, dip, etc.....Straight street in front of our house.

Someone had crossed their lane, hit our curb, gone over the boulevarde, crossed the sidewalk, up into our drive way and hit her car in the rear,(dead centre), hard enough to push the back end almost 3 feet over !!!!

Then took off.

Cant even park in your own drive on a straight street !!!!!!!!

Never mind public lots LOL

Crazy :ill: :ill:

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I had a '92 Olds Cutlass Supreme with the DOHC motor and I loved that car almost as much as I love my son now.
Someone backed into the drivers door and pushed it right in, then drove away. I lived in a small town and after I got it fixed I found what I knew was the car that hit mine! I asked her about it and she emphatically denied it. What could I do?
Oddly she had her bumper repainted 2 weeks later :rant2: grrr....
Anyway, I wouldn't consider that "vandalism". Heck if it was an old lady she might not even know she did it! (old man could have done it too, sorry to stereotype)
Vandalism is what happened to one of the Saturn techs next door.
His neighbor looked out the window and saw some commotion next to his car. Turns out some kids were out there pouring gas all over his Grandmother's car!
Then much to his surprise the kids ran back and tossed a match and lit his car on fire! By this time the watchful neighbor was on the phone to the police and they were already on the way. The retarded part is the kids that lit the car run back accross the street and go back inside THEIR HOUSE!
Yes, the retards lived right accross the street from the car they lit on fire!!
Talk about some misfiring neurons!
Now THAT is vandalism!
The car wasn't damaged too badly but the mirror housing melted off the side of the car!
Now the kids are in big trouble.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Why do people vanalize a car? Simple - they're scum and have no respect for other people or their property.
The night I got my Seville (pristine, at least from a visual perspective, I might add) some low life mother scrubbing scum licker keyed the drivers door while I was stopped for dinner. The damage is healed now but the image still remains in my mind of that low life snickering as he dragged a sharp object across my pristine paint.
Years ago I caught a guy slashing tires in a parking lot - he'd just slashed the left rear tire on my '63 Impala SS 409. I "restrained" him while another citizen called the cops. Turned out he'd been responsible for over 70 acts of tire slashing over the past couple months. He's damm lucky someone else was there when I caught him - few people want to mess with a 6'2" 250 pound ranger with a short fuse ... he had no explanation or reason behind his actions .... except that he "hated bastards with nice cars".
As for disabilities versus being lazy - the original post was (with a modicum of effort) readable and it was obvious that the guy wasn't trying to be "hip" or "cute" with his word choice - so yeah - cut him some slack. My spelling was once described as "creative" by an English teacher. She (Edith Leffarts - I'm serious - imagine the variations of that name in an eight grade English class) was, in my opinion, being nice.

Steve

·
Registered
2000 STS
48 Posts
Murphyg said:
...So my wifes car got rear ended on Monday morn.
The clincher is she wasnt even in it.
The double clinch is that it was in our driveway !!!!!!!!!!
Oh, man, that sucks! :helpless: One day a number of years ago while my wife was at work, one of her male co-workers came in and said he'd backed into our car in the parking lot. They called the police to file a report. A female officer came into the office and met the two of them in the lobby. The female officer turned to my blond wife and asker her what happened, in a tone of voice that implied it was her fault! My wife made it clear that she had no idea since she was inside the building a the time. Talk about your stereotyping...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts