Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see how your windows look with tint. Please specify what percentage you have when you post a pic. Thanks!

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE
595 Posts
I have, but I'm not sure what percentage it is. I simply asked the tint shop to match the tint on the back windows as close as possible.
I also put a clear tint on the rest of the windows to block out the UV light. My understanding is the factory tint does not do this.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover V8 SC ... 2015 Corvette Z06/Z07
923 Posts
Same as ELUSIVE, I just asked them to match the rear with SunTek CXP film ... it's my old Yukon but hopefully it helps a little:

About to do the same to the Esky.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys! This is very helpful. I have an appointment to get mine tinted tomorrow. I think I want the front to match the back as well. I was just concerned because my interior is so dark and if you look at the vehicle from the front you can't see in it. The previous owner put a very dark reflective tint on my rear window making for a very obstructed rear view. I will post pics after the job is done on Saturday.

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
It is very hard to "match" the front to the backs, since the windshield brings in a lot of light, making the front windows appear to be lighter than the rears. 20% is pretty close, maybe 15% would be a 'perfect' match. Good luck.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
It is very hard to "match" the front to the backs, since the windshield brings in a lot of light, making the front windows appear to be lighter than the rears. 20% is pretty close, maybe 15% would be a 'perfect' match. Good luck.
You are correct, you would need to close the sunroof shade and cover the from windshield with brown paper if you use the same % tint as the rear windows to match, you have to go slightly darker like you said for really close match.

·
Registered
07 Escalade EXT
92 Posts
This is 40% on the windshield and 15% on the fronts. There rears are done over the factory glass but I'm not sure the opacity on those so they're darker than stock. I too have a reflective rear window that is very annoying and will be replaced once I get around to it.

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
Don't think I have any good pics handy but I have 18% on my fronts. Matched the rears well before putting 25% on them. Toying with going back and getting the 18% removed and putting 5% on the fronts. I have 45CXP Suntek on the windshield (actually has 40% vlt).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dam dirty, did you put that reflective tint on the rear or did come that way? I'm curious because I don't get why someone would not want to see behind them..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Murphy, your ride looks good. The tint looks clean and professional. I can tell that it is dark but appears that your interior helps lighten it up a bit..

----------

Lol.... I also see u guys have gotten rid of your antennas...that is Funny!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
By a minute Mr M!!!!

---Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum
813 Posts
Just veggin in front of puter..sucking diet coke with itunes cranked..Linda Rhonstadt..Dire Straits and Eagles Hotel Cali in HD files...92 kbps...life is grande no?

You ?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
Also well for me. Hey, if either one of us were any better,,,,we'd be MrHcVone!!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts