Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to tint my front 2 windows but don't know what percent I should tint them. My rear windows are extremely dark and I have black interior so I thought I should use some discretion on the front two. Thoughts.......

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,468 Posts
Re: Who has tinted their front windows? Pics.....

I know this section is for 06 and older but my 2010 has 5 on the back and 15 on the front. The windshield is so large that it allows quite a bit of light into the car. In fact, you can see into the front of the car even though my windows are a little darker than what is considered legal where I currently live.

----------

My Fleetwood is also tinted the same. The contrast between the rear and front windows give the appearance of being legal.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
My windows are tinted and not sure on the tint level but it looks close to the rear windows

On the 02(not mine) it has darker tint then mine and you can't see in the truck from a distance but either you can see in the windshield

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Lowrider
53 Posts
FlipEXT said:
I want to tint my front 2 windows but don't know what percent I should tint them. My rear windows are extremely dark and I have black interior so I thought I should use some discretion on the front two. Thoughts.......

The factory privacy tint on all the GMs and most domestic vehicles is between 15-20% Light Transmission. Most people go with 20% as it is more readily available, but I feel the 15% is a closer match to stock. Check your local laws as both of these tint tolerances are not legal in most states. eBay sells precut vehicle specific window tint in whatever percentage you choose.

Source: I'm a master auto glass technician with 10 years in the business.

·
Registered
137 Posts

mine is about 25%, not sure the exact number, but lighter than rear windows.

·
Registered
2003 EXT / 1976 Eldorado
184 Posts

I also posted a pic on your other tread... Maybe the admin can combine them.... photo (800x600).jpg

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
gmercedesbenz said:
14% on the fronts. This compensates for the extra light that comes in through the windshield and matches the back very well.
Other then the windshield your windows are as dark as the ones on the 02 my mom has

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade (sold)
92 Posts
I have limo 5% on top of 20% all around my escalade with a 5% eyebrow a little below the as1 line. I got pulled over by a state trooper not too long ago and tested my front windows and it came back at 1%. Will post pictures when i get the chance.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
825 Posts
I like 37% on the fronts.

I've had the 20% fronts and hated them at night when I have to rely on the backup lamps to see. I have 20% now on the Escalade and the STS (bought that way) but will change it out for lighter tint in the spring. I had 37% on my cars when I lived in CA and it was much easier to see backing up at night.

Right now I end up rolling down the windows to see the mirrors backing up in the rain at night, not fun.

·
Registered
2004 Escalade ESV
13 Posts
My work truck has 20% on the fronts.....not the best pic to see them (snapped it today)

And my other one is 18%...not much difference really....

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
rfishoutofwater said:
I have 15% on the front driver/passenger and 5% over factory on rear. Also 5% on windshield.
I have been wanting to get my windshield tinted is it a long process(I know the rear view mirror has to be removed

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue
164 Posts
the cadillac man said:
I have been wanting to get my windshield tinted is it a long process(I know the rear view mirror has to be removed
If your only going to have the visor done it only takes 20-30 minutes at a good shop. You can wait while its being done. It took about 4 hrs to have all ours windows tinted that's a lot of windows in our escalades.
As for the rear view mirror it comes off with a couple clips. The actual mount stays in the glass. They cut the tint around it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts