Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who on this board bought their SRX new and has held it the longest?

What year is your car and why have you kept it so long?

How many miles are on it?

What have your maintenance items been outside of normal maintenance?

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
2010 SRX Premium
bought new 1/2010
32K miles
maintenance done is too numerous to list here -- most done under warranty
I have kept it so long because I pay cash for my vehicles and I am a low mileage driver. I don't see the point in incurring the expense of a new car with its off-the-lot depreciation just to be seen in something new.

·
Registered
2010 SRX Perform, Black Raven, Shale/Ebony, 20" Chrome
35 Posts
2010 SRX Performance
New 10/2009
30K miles
With the exception of the trim falling off and the Radio/Nav issue, all other maintenance has been normal. First battery was replaced under warranty. Just had to replace that one at my expense, but I live in Arizona where battery life is about 2-3 years. Recently noticing a lot of moaning and groaning from the steering and rear suspension. Keeping it because of low mileage. Extended warranty expires 10/2015. Will probably check out the next generation whenever it finally arrives.

T

·
0 Posts
2010 Premium
New 1/2010
79K Miles

Strut Mounts, Front Stabilizer bushings, Wheel Bearing, Side front side window moldings

May replace it with a Gen 3 when introduced. All in all it has been no worse, and handles and looks better than any car that I have owned.

·
Registered
2012 CTS Sport Wagon AWD Performance Black Diamond Tricoat
54 Posts
I bought an '04 brand new in March of 2004, drove it for over 10 years, trading it in this past September for 2012 CTS Sport Wagon. It had right at 100K miles on it. I had a few problems early on, I guess because it was the first year of production, but all in all it was a great car. I'm not a huge fan of the 2nd generation models, but am looking forward to probably going back to an SRX once they get to the 3rd generation and return production to the USA. All of the issues that I had were covered under warranty, like the usual creaking ultra-view sunroof, the radio/stereo had to replaced early on, power window failures, but mechanically, the engine, steering, brakes, tranny were problem free. Towards the end, it started using a little more oil than it should have, but I didn't consider that a problem, just add a quart every 6-8 weeks and kept on going. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts