Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Lux, 2019 Genesis G70
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been bothering me for a while (like 2 years), but never did anything about it. So, before I go back to the dealer for the umpteenth time, let me ask if any of you feel that when your A/C is on, the blower fan is noisy. Not that it is making "rattling" noises and such, but rather it just seems to be too loud for a "luxury" car. I know that is can be a subjective call, but nonetheless...

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
Fly I just keep mine on Auto with the max setting set to medium and it seems very normal to me.

C

·
0 Posts
Yeah every ATS I have been in including mine and loaners are noticeably louder compared to my es300h company car. Even though I consider it a nitpick I think it would be in Cadillac's best interest in the future to invest or spend on a quieter blower motor..

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fly I just keep mine on Auto with the max setting set to medium and it seems very normal to me.
Going to have to try that setting and see if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
After last summer when the whole dash came out and they replaced the evap coil, as long as the A/C funk problem stays fixed this summer I don't care if the blower sounds like bag pipes at a funeral.

12,776 Posts
This has been bothering me for a while (like 2 years), but never did anything about it. So, before I go back to the dealer for the umpteenth time, let me ask if any of you feel that when your A/C is on, the blower fan is noisy. Not that it is making "rattling" noises and such, but rather it just seems to be too loud for a "luxury" car. I know that is can be a subjective call, but nonetheless...
Hi flycaster,

I’m sorry about any aggravation this blower noise may have caused. I know you generally handle things like this on your own, but you’re always welcome to send a PM our way if you would like this documented or you have any questions.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey GJB, not sure if it is wishful thinking, but I tried the Auto setting and it does seem that the blower fan is running somewhat quieter.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Good, and if the placebo works does it mater if its a placebo? Did you also set the max fan in the CUE setting to Medium?

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T AWD
340 Posts
I also have mine on auto and max setting to medium, have you noticed that even though u have auto max fan speed set to medium it blows on high all the time? Sometimes (usually when hotter out) it will blow on full speed, I will select fan speed to go down one notch, and the little bar that pops up on CUE is all the way maxed out, does your's do this or have you noticed either way?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I've never noticed mine go above medium (pretty confident) but I will pay attention to it and let you know if I experience what you have.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Checked my settings when in Auto mode. Fan max speed is set to medium. After paying some attention to the fan sound with these settings, I do think it is a little quieter than when not on the Auto setting. However, here in SoFL it is starting to get hot again and using the Medium fan speed setting on Auto may not cool the car fast enough.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I find higher fan speed just just pusher more hot air through the evap coil keeping it from getting as cold as it can thus taking the same amount of time as medium to cool the car. Same goes for heat. Once the car cools or heats to temp the higher fan speed is more effective but at that point the auto setting keeps it steady.

·
Registered
'15 ATS Coupe Lux
93 Posts
what temp setting do you use? is it the dome sensor on the dash that the car uses to determine its performance relative to the temp?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
what temp setting do you use? is it the dome sensor on the dash that the car uses to determine its performance relative to the temp?
Idon't know where the sensors are but there must be more than one because you can set driver and passenger to different temps. I just set mine to auto and 73/74 range and leave it there all year long.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
Could you post a youtube video or some audio of how it sounds? I bought my 2014 ATS 2.0 turbo about 2 months ago, I feel like the blower is loud as well. Not sure if its normal or if its faulty. Like to think a luxury car isnt so bad. Who knows though. Several things havent been very "luxury" for me so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts