Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a reasonably priced aftermarket floor mat set that will hold up to a beating? I called my local dealer to price the OEM mats they were $165. For that price I can buy the V-emblemed mats from one of the forum vendors. Although I really dig those V mats, I am afraid I will mess them up really bad, really quick. Then I'll be pissed. :mad:

I went to a local Pep Boys and purchased a set of their "premium" mats for about $40. At the end of the day, I was able to grab huge clumps of the fibers in my hand. It looked like the barber shop floor after giving someone with a huge afro a haircut. After the 2 days, I am already down to the mat's rubber base. This won't do.

Any ideas? I really don't want to get those clear plastic mats one would use over a regular mat or the ones made for SUV's that trap mud and stuff.

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum
1,182 Posts
How does yours get messed up? From mud and dirt or from digging in while rough driving?

I bought some Lloyd's Mats (I think from Amazon) and they have held up pretty well over the year. The driver's side is a bit dirty but hasn't worn through where my heel pivots for the clutch/brake/deadpedal...

my only gripe is that they slowly start to work their way towards the pedals as I'm always pushing on them.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My heels digg up the carpeting something horrible. Are they just plain universal Lloyds mats? That would be ok. It doesn't have to be made for my V.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
I have these in my car, Jesse. http://steen-n-godskesen.amazonwebs...froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

I think they are the Lloyd brand as well. They have held up pretty good. I have the trunkmat as well. All good quality. Perfect also said his feet move his around. My mats came with a corkscrew/hook to screw into the original carpet that keeps them firmly in place for me. And if you're afraid of wear and tear from your feet rubbing, you could always get a heelguard plate from ultimate pedals. It mounts right into the mat where your heel goes and prevents wear. http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26_165&products_id=2899

I'm not sure how I feel about the look of the heel plate, however. Maybe it would look good because I also have the matching Ultimate heel-toe pedal as well as clutch, brake, and dead pedal with the frosted/domed finish. As far as the pedals though, I highly recommend them. The heel-toe pedal is about an inch longer on the left side, making it much easier to use all three pedals. This is great for the track, and makes rev-matching VERY simple. The finish matches the handles in the car as well as the billet lock pulls I have in from Sea-V, and it's almost impossible to slip your feet off them. As far as the mat goes I'll probably just replace my driver side mat every couple of years, because that's the only one that gets worn at all anyway. Hope this helped :thumbsup:

-Matt

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Matt, Perfect. I wished I knew you had those mats Matt. I would have checked them out during the V-Day 3 weekend. Perhaps I can reduce my costs by buying the fronts only. I believe both AutoPride and USSpeed sell the V mats without the rears. No one sits in the back of my car. The rears and the passenger mats are nearly perfect.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
497 Posts
I quit fooling with factory carpet mats years ago. Order the GM Accessory CTS mats in black vinyl/rubber. It sounds goofy but they're custom molding and hold dirt...never look back!

·
Registered
2005 CTS V (long gone), 2016 CT6
315 Posts
I got some sweet recycled multi-ply all weather rubber CTS mats off eBay for $35 shipped. Here is the same set, eBay item ID 400060100487. Mine were cheaper because they were used, though you really can't tell, and I was able to win the auction at a very low price. I was going to get Lloyd custom mats but had the same fear as you. I think these will hold up for a long time and they fit the car perfectly.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Thanks for the info Matt, Perfect. I wished I knew you had those mats Matt. I would have checked them out during the V-Day 3 weekend. Perhaps I can reduce my costs by buying the fronts only. I believe both AutoPride and USSpeed sell the V mats without the rears. No one sits in the back of my car. The rears and the passenger mats are nearly perfect.

No problem. Now that you mention it, Autopride is the brand I got mine from. No one sits in my car but my girlfriend anyway so all mine seem to hold up fine as well. I wonder if you can even buy just one mat, for the driver side :hmm:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts