Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me, or starting in 2014 Mercedes and Cadillac released what I think are very similar designs for their midsize cars? Dont the E Class and the CTS look very similar? Even down to the wheels (Vsport in the case of the Cadillac). (Although, that wheel design is popular it seems.) Who do you think copied who?

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
Well, they both have a trapezoidal grill but the overall shape of the CTS's front end is closer to a Malibu than a Mercedes, and the rear with vertical taillights in the CTS and horizontal in the E are quite difference. But you're right, they both have four wheels and four doors which is a major similarity....

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
I pointed that same Mercedes out to my wife the other day, and she said that it looked a lot like Our Vsport! I thought it did also. Similar size and kind of a wedge shaped. Very similar wheels too. And you get the feeling that that Mercedes would drive a lot like our Cadillac.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V wagon
500 Posts
The benz photo is from slightly above, so you see more roof/trunk lid. I think if the shots were both from the height of the caddy it would be more similar.

·
Registered
2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD
1,019 Posts
The picture says it all. The Cadillac is one gorgeous automobile. The cadillac shown is mine with morello red and black interior. Premium I might add.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I should point out that they have the same tailpipe treatment and lower facia in the rear...
6bb23dd0_l.jpeg 2014-Mercedes-E-Class-india-rear.jpg

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
Since the new European pedestian safety laws, ALL cars are looking alike.

Technically, the CTS front is too low/pointy, to sell the new CTSV in Europe, they're going to have to make the hood spring up in case of an impact.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 3.6 LY7
236 Posts
On the plus side the cadillac is cheaper to maintain than a Mercedes. Mercedes are terrible cars. Overpriced, over engineered and always have something wrong with them....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts