Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where TIS wheels are manufactured and where they get them chromed? USA or China? Their chrome seems to be better than some of the other 1 piece wheels out there.

·
Registered
Cadillac
215 Posts
TIS is a sister company to American Racing. I'm pretty sure they're made in China. From what I've seen, their chrome does have a distinct look to them. Not enough to warrant the prices they charge.

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
i think all rims these days are made in china.....

doesnt matter if it is america or china...what matters is the effort that the company puts into doing a quality job.

TIS are known for their quality......

·
Registered
02 ESCALADE
1,529 Posts
Actually, 99% of 1 piece cast wheels are built overseas. Many of the well known multi piece wheels have their forgings created overseas to lower production costs dramatically, then machine and finish them in the United States. Thats better than the 1 piece cast wheels done completely overseas, but its not nearly as good as a company who completes every single step from the blank forgings, spinning lathe, machining, finishing, assembling and more ALL in the United States. Theres really only a few companies in the United States that do it ALL within the states. American Racing creates a better 1 piece cast wheel than a lot of the 1 piece manufacturers, but if you got the cash, its better to purchase a multi piece forged wheel for its superior strength.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
It seems many of the chrome wheels are cheaply chromed anymore, I see many of my wax customers with many different manufacturers of wheels and there are a lot of chrome issues. :(

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
I had American Racing wheels and i drove them through the snow all winter every winter for about 3 years and only washed them once in a while and they had not one sign of damage on the finish they always looked brand new...on the other hand I now have Giovanna's that I let sit in front of my house for about 3 days (no rain or anything) without washing them and now they are stained with water spots, they are pitting and when i tried to clean them they scuffed up...Get the picture?

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the feedback. It gives me some comfort to know that TIS seems to be one of the better cast wheel options out there. I almost went with Giovanna and Lexani options. I think I made the better choice. I will get some photo's after I pick my EXT up on Friday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts