Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may have heard, Cadillac has dropped the White Diamond from the list of available colors for 2004 and added White Lightning. I love White Diamond, and I was hoping White Lightning would be even better. :nono: Nope. I just took my STS in for a redo of the warranty repaint of my front bumper (paint delamination) and the loaner car is a White Lightning '04 DeVille. Yuck. It's kind of like an irredescent gold/white with a dark base that changes depending on the light. I don't like it at all... :(

Anyone else who's seen it in person have any comments?

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
I'm with ya, I love my dad's DTS in White diamond! I noticed from my new brochures that it is still available in 2004 for the SRX but not the Seville or Deville?? I don't know what the logic is behind that. I haven't seen one in "person" but my brochure color strip makes White Lightning (not the awsome 1973 Burt Renyolds movie) look like it has an orange tint to it. I prefer the pearl color of WD.

Sidenote: I saw a new Escalade today in WD and I was very impressed! Now if only GM could get the side-impact rating better than 3 stars then I would be dazzled. :yup:

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
That's a shame, because it's not what the paint chip looks like in the brochure I got.

I always thought white diamond looked too "yellowy" and when I saw the white lightning paint chip it looked more like a platinum white.

Oh well, doesn't matter to me. Unless I hit the lottery, I won't be looking at any DeVilles newer than 2002 anyway.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
did they ever explain why the paint is delaimateing ? i remeber it happening in alaska but it was usuly due to gravel and the very cold temps , a car that doesnt get pummeld by stones and resides in sunny florida SHOULDNT have that problem

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're "guessing" that the "mold release" compound was not fully removed prior to the original prep and paint. Of course, that doesn't explain why they didn't fix it right the first time... :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts