Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So whats the deal with white lightning in 2007? I see some dealers selling them as "White Lightning"/"Lightning White" but cadillac only shows the diamond white tricoat online - i was under the impression was a different pearl..

im looking for the white lightning as seen on the 05 devilles

also is the crystal red the replacement for crimson pearl?

:cookoo:

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
My '06 DTS is "White Lightning." It is a slightly different color than "White Diamond." I thnk in '08 they went back to White Diamond. Not sure about '07.

·
Registered
Cadillac DTS Lux III 07, DHS 04, Allante 93 06 XLR Platinum
58 Posts
DTS was available in the last 30-45 days of 07 production. I have a Lux II in White Diamond made in may 07. Doug J

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Is the effect of these paints more a consequence of a coloured clearcoat, or is the prism/shimmer in the colour coat?

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
I have been told that the first coat is a type of pearl.... then the color coat... the pearl can shine thru it... then the clearcoat to protect it.

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Must be a real pain to try and match or spot paint then. Probably better off just redoing the entire car.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Must be a real pain to try and match or spot paint then. Probably better off just redoing the entire car.
Yep. Thats what I have been told also. If you just have a fender bender....unless the painter is REAL GOOD or REAL LUCKY....hopefully BOTH...he will never match the paint and will have to paint the entire car.

Jim From Texas

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
White Diamond was replaced by White Lightning in 2005. Lightning has a little more gold tint to the metal flake than the Diamond. In late 2007, White Lightning was replaced by White Diamond, so that's why Cadillac.com only shows the Diamond. I do have one New White Lightning '07 DTS left for sale (Luxury I package and chrome wheels), so give me a call if you're still looking.

Almost forgot: Yes, Crystal Red replaces Crimson Pearl- it's a slightly brighter shade of red.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts