Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've had my 06 CTS for about 650 miles now and am really enjoying it. I drove to Atlantic City NJ from Baltimore MD up and back (350 miles+ -) over the Xmas weekend and averaged over 23 miles per gallon!
I was wondering about the paint color though. The White Diamond color was one of the main reasons I was attracted to this the car and it looks fabulous about 90% of the time. Every once in a while though, in certain lighting, it kinda looks mottled. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenom?

·
Registered
2004 CTS Sport
94 Posts
I've experienced the same thing, I can't explain it. It seem to be more noticeable when the car is dirty. So... I try to keep mine cleaned all of the time.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
It's a 3 layer paint..the reason for the extra $$. I've heard this complaint before. I had a White Diamond Eldorado. No complaints on the paint.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
BYNSL4U said:
Every once in a while though, in certain lighting, it kinda looks mottled. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenom?
Yep. I think we had a thread about uneven factory paint jobs (despite the premium paint) which accounts for the mottled look under certain light.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:(
Chuck C said:
Yep. I think we had a thread about uneven factory paint jobs (despite the premium paint) which accounts for the mottled look under certain light.
Is it considered a defect that requires repainting or just the pitfalls of pearlesant paint?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chuck C said:
Is it considered a defective paint job??

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
This is normal for the White Diamond color. Also, are you colorblind? I ask this because I am, and I also have a White Diamond GM car (not my CTS) and due to my colorblindness (and remember that there are different levels) I can see the blotchiness much easier. My color blindness is a mixed blessing as I can drive down the road with friends and point out car panels that do not match, but my friends cannot see it.

P.S. There are different GM White Diamond's, and if you ever have to match your White Diamond, you will find this out. The paint code under the spare tire cover is imperative to matching your White Diamond or getting touchup paint. Touchup paint for this color is, well, a mixed bag at best because as someone posted earlier this color is three color paint.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SoCadillac said:
This is normal for the White Diamond color. Also, are you colorblind? I ask this because I am, and I also have a White Diamond GM car (not my CTS) and due to my colorblindness (and remember that there are different levels) I can see the blotchiness much easier. My color blindness is a mixed blessing as I can drive down the road with friends and point out car panels that do not match, but my friends cannot see it.

P.S. There are different GM White Diamond's, and if you ever have to match your White Diamond, you will find this out. The paint code under the spare tire cover is imperative to matching your White Diamond or getting touchup paint. Touchup paint for this color is, well, a mixed bag at best because as someone posted earlier this color is three color paint.
Interesting, no I'm not colorblind at all. Just the opposite, I can differentiate very slight differences in shades and can also point out a repainted panel on most cars. I've never considered that others couldn't see what I see and always wondered how they could accept their car back from the body shop with that shitty paint match job!
Those 19s look fantastic on your car! Can you share the make/part # of the wheels and tires?
Thanks,
Carl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts