Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD Premium, 2011 CTS4 Premium Coupe
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, ordered a new grille and I need to get it painted. Wanted to confirm that this is the correct paint code (procured through various online searches) for white diamond tri-coat: WA800J. My truck is an '07 if it makes any difference.

Also, just to confirm, is there anywhere on the truck itself I can find/verify this information? Thanks, in advance!

·
Registered
2008 ESV, 2004 Escalade
165 Posts
There's a silver sticker in the glove box. The paint code should be listed at the bottom. I also have White Diamond Tricoat. My code says U 800J.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,035 Posts
Paint codes are usually U for upper, & L for lower. White diamond will never match. I'm going to hell now that the dealer painted 1/2 my car, due to their negligence.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
WA800J is correct, I am looking at the paint touchup box from GM, after 13 diamond white trucks you would think I would know that number

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to rehash this post, but I'm freaking out.

This weekend I finally decided to tackle a rust repair job before it starts getting cold out. Perfect weather this weekend!
My 2013 ATS had a rust bubble on the edge of my rear wheelwell caused by a rock chip
My window sticker says I have a White Diamond Tricoat finish.
I ran this into a few code finders to verify and the paint code and is supposed to be WA800J, so that's what I ordered.

Yesterday, I started by removing the rust, applying a little Bondo, and laying some (white) primer yesterday.
Today I started painting with my AC Delco WA800J base coat, and I am completely disappointed.

Unless the clear coat paint can that came with the base coat has a slight yellowish tint, I don't think this is correct. (contrast is much worse in person)
Thoughts and advise please.

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
510 Posts
I thought paint went by the option codes on the glove box. If it’s yellowish it sounds like they sent you option code 98U (2009), White Diamond Premium.

There’s another more white diamond color on later vehicles but not sure what that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
I looked in the glove box, trunk (pulled sound deadener), door jam and under the hood to find a code but couldn't find it on the vehicle.
Found this online which prompted me to order WA800J

The color of the car does have a slight yellowish hue in most light, and definitely has a metallic sparkle to it.
Box and cans that I ordered were labeled AC-Delco and marked WA800J
I applied the clear coat last night and it does look a little better. Pics to follow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Heres a pic today, after I wet sanded the paint with 1000grit and sprayed the can of clear coat last night.
Clear coat can says to let dry 48 hours before blending..
(light rain at time picture was taken)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts