Cadillac Owners Forum banner

White Diamond Tri-coat touch up paint

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bobbylove1 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a close match single stage paint? I purchased the three bottle WDT touch-up and it's a PIA on small chips.
Had a couple other shades of white from previous cars and not even close. Did a search and came up empty.
Any help would be appreciated.

#5 ·
The paint code for White Diamond on my car a 95 deville, is PC 8933. I dont think they changed the code for the later models. I do know it was a $500 option on my car. I went to O'Riellys and they mixed up 2 bottles for me, the base, and the pearl, at least that's what it looks like to me. The paint guy told me it would be as close as i could get, he said that I would need to use a clear coat to make it look really good and just to spray the clear coat in the can lid and use a brush to seal the other 2 paints after they were applied. Also I think it was Sub, or Ranger that told me the tricoat doesn't look that good, it looks grey and was told it looks like a search light on the car...lol I was told to get Chillton white by one of the guys, I have both but I am going to try the tri coat paint first as it looks very very close. You can also call a chevy dealer and give them the last 8 digits of your VIN and they can tell you what you have and you can get a pen/brush combo that has all the colors combined. The cost is about 24 dollars. DONT call caddy dealer they are higher for some reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.