Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. I have a 2006 ESV, completely stock. However, I was wondering if any of you have noticed this and if this is "normal". When acceleration at around >3K RPMS, the engine makes this high pitched whining noise. Almost sounds like a really tiny motor. I have taken my car into the dealership a couple times. They changed the alternator already. But the noise has not subsided. Can anyone tell me anything about this? thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like an air leak from the intake somewhere, did you try raising the hood and have someone in the car giving it gas and seeing if you can determine where the noise is coming from?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have an 04 with the same exact noise. It seems to do it when the engine is under load, for instance, when driving the truck uphill or when the engine feels like its needs to down shift. I only hear it when the engine is "struggling". It sounds like their is a leak in the intake or something. took it to the dealer a couple of times and they could not find anything. Let me know if you come up with anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts