Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I start my 02 EXT and take off down the street I hear a whirring coming from under the hood. I can almost feel a power reduction while I hear the noise. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Does it sound like a air plane is above you?

If so then the fan clutch could be failing(went through this with my 03) replaced it twice(got a dud) now it works like it should

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I start my truck it can idle or even rev the engine without a sound. When I put it in gear and get up to about 7 mph is when I hear the the sound. Comes in like 3 waves. Headlights dim just a bit, feel a lose of power, but when it goes thru the 3 waves it stops. It does this every time I start the truck. It sounds like it is coming from under the hood on the drivers side.

----------

My old Suburban had the ABS on the drivers side. But I don't know how an ABS would make noise. Just weird . It only does this when I start the truck , not when I come to a stop.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not concerned about the dim lights for 2 seconds. I want to know the reason for the noise.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
The abs pump and the ebcm is on the driver's side of the truck

The pump is on the frame rail near the pcm
The ebcm is under the seat next to the frame rail

You will hear a pre charge noise when the ebcm detects it's over a certain speed

----------

I wonder if you have a bad wheel speed sensor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts