Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 STS
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a very annoying noise coming from the front of the passenger footspace, its like a humming/grinding/screeching noise. it is related to the fan of the climate control i believe because when i shut the CC off, the noise stops. Fan belt possibly?

no codes have signified anything along the parameters for this problem, either.

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
samm said:
i just got a very annoying noise coming from the front of the passenger footspace, its like a humming/grinding/screeching noise. it is related to the fan of the climate control i believe because when i shut the CC off, the noise stops. Fan belt possibly?

no codes have signified anything along the parameters for this problem, either.
The blower for the climate system doesn't use a belt. It's a blower wheel directly attached to a motor. Does it blow as much air as it should? If it's the blower or wheel that is bad, it will have to be replaced. The replacement job is a PITA. A bad blower won't set a code. Could it be the rear climate blower perhaps?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
samm said:
i just got a very annoying noise coming from the front of the passenger footspace, its like a humming/grinding/screeching noise.
That is where the blower is located. Probably a bad blower motor bearing.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
No, it was moved to inside the cabin at some point. It is up under the hush panel (passenger side foot well).

·
Registered
2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado
1,543 Posts
1998 was the last major design change for the Seville until 2004. I suspect that was when the blower motor assembly was relocated to the cabin.

·
Registered
2002 STS
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, well the noise hasn't done its deed for a while, so i guess thats good... i didnt do anything though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts