Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Seville SLS
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, while I was on the highway yesterday I felt something drop out of my front end and just start dragging. I pulled over and luckily it was only the piece connected to the bumper that covers the engine undercarriage. Does anybody know what this part is called? I need a replacement but don't know the name of the part.

Also, I had my radiator flushed in May and since then my car has been leaking coolant. It shows up on the ground and has never gotten too hot so I'm not too worried that it's the head gaskets. Anybody know where my leak could be coming from? I assume I must have a crack in my radiator.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,116 Posts
Go to the top of these pages and find the Seville parts list download....about 1.5 megs PDF. The shield and retainers are in there. I had good luck with retainers.....all 12 of 'em, from gmpartsdirect.com , about $4.50 a bag of 10. Get 2 bags....you'll eventually use them all. While the shield is out, now's the time to look for that leak. Try daylight first, then, if no joy, jack up the car, put it on 2 front jackstands, let it cool, and look around under there AT NIGHT with a good flashlight. A drop or wet spot will glisten like a searchlight. Good luck. BTW, order the shield (about 35 -40 bucks) from a dealer, or you'll go to the cleaners on oversize shipping online...........edit.......'99 P/N 25743710, $39 list (probably changed by now...)

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
Could be your water pump leaking.
Oddly enough mine started to leak right after a coolant flush. Actually mine didnt leak, it pissed out everywhere and overheated.
Looks like you got off lucky, so to speak.

·
Registered
'94 Seville STS N*
247 Posts
So, while I was on the highway yesterday I felt something drop out of my front end and just start dragging. I pulled over and luckily it was only the piece connected to the bumper that covers the engine undercarriage. Does anybody know what this part is called? I need a replacement but don't know the name of the part.
its called the lower mat i believe

same thing happened on my car. gm has discontinued the part from what i was told.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Go to the top of these pages and find the Seville parts list download....about 1.5 megs PDF. The shield and retainers are in there. I had good luck with retainers.....all 12 of 'em, from gmpartsdirect.com , about $4.50 a bag of 10. Get 2 bags....you'll eventually use them all. While the shield is out, now's the time to look for that leak. Try daylight first, then, if no joy, jack up the car, put it on 2 front jackstands, let it cool, and look around under there AT NIGHT with a good flashlight. A drop or wet spot will glisten like a searchlight. Good luck. BTW, order the shield (about 35 -40 bucks) from a dealer, or you'll go to the cleaners on oversize shipping online...........edit.......'99 P/N 25743710, $39 list (probably changed by now...)
Same thing happened to me this weeked:lildevil:

What would that part be on a 1993 Seville STS???

I don't think the 'air deflector' came until the '98 models - I'm thinking maybe it would be some kind of deflector/baffle - but I have no idea what the part is. Not to mention having to figure out whether it's a Northstar/STS or a 4.9 specific part:drool:which makes things even more complicated...

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
For your leak, take a look at the Alternator, yours might have the watercooling, it does leak there and its close to where you are talking about

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Sorry....My parts diagrams cover '99-'04.
Well, I looked at a diagram, and found this part (which seems to be the same part, just for the 1st gen models):

Collision Catalog - 1993 - Cadillac - Seville - Cooling - Radiator and components - Air baffle - W/sport bumper

But I can't find a part number:(

EDIT:

I found the Eldorado version of this part:

Part Number: 25661986

Now I just need to figure out if it will work on a Northstar STS...

·
Registered
'94 Seville STS N*
247 Posts
the part has been discontinued according to gm & my dealership. it kept falling on me so i just ripped it off.

asked cadillacheaven (online junkyard) and they told me $125 + shipping for it. and its coming off a '96 sts.

those guys are some real con artists. $125 is probably what it costs brand new.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,986 Posts
Get a piece of heavy felt (tar paper) or something similar and make one.

·
Administrator
69,116 Posts
Heck....With a lift, some 3/16" plywood, black enamel and a half dozen plastic pop rivets you could make a reasonable copy for <$25. Make a cardboard template and have at it....or find a big junkyard (plastic is forever).

·
Administrator
69,116 Posts
TommyM96.......What hit the highway.......a piece of softer, floppy material from in front of the radiator, or a hard formed piece of plastic from under the area between the radiator and engine cradle? 2 different pieces.....and maybe your car doesn't have the hard "pan" in front of the engine. Either piece is DIY.

HMMMMMMM.........There is no under-radiator floppy piece on a '99 Seville. The Eldorado is entirely different. The Seville Lower Air Deflector is p/n 25743710 (w/o H/L wash) $39. The retainers are #14093088 @.63 ea. in a 10-pak.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts