Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2001 ElDorado ETC.. its a beautiful car, but the dealer had just put a new set of Goodyear Integrity's on it... I HATE these tires!!! In the past I had always run Michelin's and liked them very much... but Michelin doesnt make the X-one in a 235, so this eliminates my dilemma of whether or not I should buy from a French-owned company. Now my dilemma is just what tires I should put on the car. I have looked at a lot of consumer reviews and havent found anything that comes in the right size and speed rating for my car that has gotten better than a mediocre review. I would appreciate anyone sharing their experience with various tires to help me make a good choice.
Thanks,
Mirage

·
Registered
55 Posts
this is a tough one. I have an 1998sts with 2002 sts 17" rims on it. I went to a local tire store to purchase the XW4s like i had on my old rims. They guy sold me on a different tire though. I have a set of corovan centurys on it. These tires have the same tread design and rubber compound. They are also less expensive not to mention 100,000 mile warranty. Of course this warranty is pro-rated after 25,000 but nevertheless I have had no problems out of them at all. I've got about 12,000 on these so far and they have handled speeds of up to 147. There great in wet conditions and handle very well. Its worth checking out if you dont mind not putting NAME brand tires on the caddi. Any questions get in touch with me. Good luck.
George

·
Registered
755 Posts
You can compare all the types available in your size at www.tirerack.com

It is really helpful.

·
Registered
125 Posts
George,

I've got those on my car too and they are very well handling so far (about 3K miles on them) in all kinds of weather. Yesterday I tried to get them to hydroplane in a downpour and they funneled the water away very nicely. I had never heard of them and will wait and see how well they stand up to NewEngland driving conditions. The car came with them brand new so I decided to keep them with the expectation that I might have to replace them sooner than later. I've been very surprised by them so far but it is way too soon to say. :burn:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Astronomer
You will not be displease I promise. They have been great and trust me I've tried alot of different tires on this car. I hope you have the same luck that i am having with mine, but for the money I am really happy with them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
George,

Since they were already on the car, I have no idea about the cost, but if they hold out, I would't be opposed to getting them again. What did they cost you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The dealer I bought the car from wasnt a cadillac dealer.. it was a dealer who specialized in selling off-lease cars. And I guess they did it cause they were a jerk! LOL I asked them, and the manager there swore to me the Integrity's were the newest best tires in the Goodyear line.. bs! In any case, I'm definately going to check out those Cordovan's... altho it looks like in my area there are only a couple of farm-supply stores that carry them.. hmm.. I also would be interested in their approximate cost, George.. if you dont mind! And thanks for the help!
Mir

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I never thought Cordovans were an off brand. They're GREAT tires.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Astronomer said:
George,

Since they were already on the car, I have no idea about the cost, but if they hold out, I would't be opposed to getting them again. What did they cost you?
They cost around 100 a tire. All in all I think i walked out the door with an aglinment, tires, balancing, all the goodies for around 500. They have been good to me. I dont think you will be displeased, also one thing i forgot to mention when i got them the warranty sheet that came with them covers everything. I mean really everything like punctures,road hazard, and get this last one that blew me away "Tire ride". If they dont feel right go get new ones. I dont know how they do it but who cares. Free tires for me for awhile if I have any problems with them.
Any other questions let me know.
George

my famous quote : IF YOUR GONNA BE DUMB YOU GOTTA BE TUFF!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I'm gonna go do it! It took me awhile to find a place that carried the Cordovan's, but I found a place about 15 miles south of town, so I'm going down there tomorrow after work and buy a set... I hope I'm as happy as y'all seem to have been with them! One thing I know for sure.. I have a business trip to Nashville next week, and I'm not doing it on these piece of crap Goodyears.. LOL Next week should prove to be a nice little workout for my car's new shoes.. I'll let ya know when I return how I like them <crossing my fingers for good luck> Thanks again guys for all the help!
Mir

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mirage said:
Well, I'm gonna go do it! It took me awhile to find a place that carried the Cordovan's, but I found a place about 15 miles south of town, so I'm going down there tomorrow after work and buy a set... I hope I'm as happy as y'all seem to have been with them! One thing I know for sure.. I have a business trip to Nashville next week, and I'm not doing it on these piece of crap Goodyears.. LOL Next week should prove to be a nice little workout for my car's new shoes.. I'll let ya know when I return how I like them <crossing my fingers for good luck> Thanks again guys for all the help!
Mir

Just curious how the Cordovan's turned out for you? I've got a 1992 Seville that needs tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gregyore said:
Just curious how the Cordovan's turned out for you? I've got a 1992 Seville that needs tires.
I've had them about 4 months, and so far I'm very pleased! I have found no disappointments at all so far. Good luck to you!

Mir

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
Mirage