Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now in the market for a used STS. I was wondering what years are the best for modding , etc..

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!!!! Thanks for signing up :)

Well, the 4.9l STS (1992) has basically no aftermarket, and the 93-95 has limited aftermarket, and 96+ is about the same, except there really arent any chips available...... Most people that have mods have their equipment custom..... I dont think there is anywhere you can buy a supercharger that wouldnt be custom...

I am no expert in whats available, others will chime in whats available.....

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
mmmmm, STStt!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys. I currently own 2 1987 Buick Grand Nationals, but I just sold one. I was looking at the the STS because I have always like my Mother's and I wanted a daily driver with a little class.
I can't afford a newer one but I thought I read somewhere that the 96 was desirable( last year of that body style) and maybe a 98.

Can't you get exhaust, ported heads( 100hp), etc for these engines to pump them up a little. I am not looking for performance to match the GNs just want to play a little.

The Turbo Buick guys motto, is "Going fast with class". I wouldn't mind "Going not as fast but with more class"

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
goto www.caddyinfo.com and click on the northstar mod section, they did about everything there is.......

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Yes, It was '98.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes, '98 is the newer stubby looking body style. It is physically shorter than the pre-'98s. Some evidence of that is the wipers are on the windshield vice tucked under the back of the bonnet.

My opinion is to get the best '97 you can find (if you don't like the newer body style). Anything older than '97 looks the same but is, well...., is older.

JMO,

..rickko..
PS. I have a '97 STS so maybe I'm a bit biased. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts