Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I'll be looking for a '98-'03 at some point this year. Of course, money is a factor. What shall I do? I'd love to spend only $20k and get a great STS.. What would be some deciding factors for you? I was VERY happy with my 95 ETC so I don't think I need anything more than that as it is...

The 17" wheels ONLY came from 2001 and newer?

What kind of warranty can I get if I buy it from a Cadillac dealer? I mean.. What can I expect of a factory warranty on a '98? Anything? Can I still get a 100,000 mile warranty on a car that's 6 years old? How does that work?

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Damn.. I did some research.. So if I was to buy a certified pre-owned '99 STS im September, I'd only have one year left on the warranty. 100,000 miles or 6 years - whichever comes first..

I've already experienced a '95 ETC with no warranty for 6 months. I don't know if I can do that again. It costed me $4000.00 in repairs - during those 6 months...

So now what?! Advice? Another night job?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
it would depend on when the '99 was originally delivered...if someone bought it in Jan 2000 it would be under warranty till jan 2006so you would get 2 yrs out of it...i would look for a 2000-01...there seem to be some pretty good prices out there

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
The newer the better. Find a good one with a warranty. Remember if it has a warranty and looks good, miles are not a factor.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
miles could be a factor insofar as high mileage might make the warranty expire alot sooner

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
That is true, but if he gets an aftermarket warranty www.autowarrantybroker.com it would last as long as he needed it too.

How about the factory warranty??????

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Then if it has the factory warranty, and there are lots of miles and the warranty doesnt last long, drive it hard so that you can replace most parts!!

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
just bite the bullet and buy a new one...then you get exactly what you want...and you can keep it for many years to come

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Thats what i would do also, used you can get into some serious problems.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Save yer pennies and buy a XLR:devil: Then you can do this at will:burn:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
or that........

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Its not evil when you have enough of it, but when it is in shortage it is your worst enemy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
An out of warentee car from a pvt.party is 3 to 4K less than a dealer w/warantee or an aftermarket warantee.
I have only bought used cars and have never had major problems so I dont ever worry about warantees. Put the difference in the bank & you can retire 3 yrs sooner. If your lucky...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got what I thought was a good deal for a 2000 STS (with 33K miles) for about $28K from a dealer including an extended warranty 6 yr/100K. You'll have to consider some older models if you're budget is around $20K...The dealer told me that extended warranties cost between $1500 - $1800, and are not available on some older models that are not "certified" by Cadillac.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
8 Participants
mnymaker