Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Post pics of those rims for us to see and we'll let you know. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, I'm surprised you can even get those DUBs for $2900, especially in 24s. I'd wonder if those are used.
there not from a store. they are from a guy who bought them and never put them on his truck. they are brand new. i may be able to get them for 2500 now.

·
Banned
Cadillac
423 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised you can even get those DUBs for $2900, especially in 24s. I'd wonder if those are used.

dub and tis wheels are really cheap, they just sell high usually because of the reputation.

·
Banned
Cadillac
423 Posts
Yea, ok that makes me want to buy from you. I've sold DUB and TIS (and their associated brands) for years without issues.
I never knocked them? We sell them as well, I'm just saying they have a high markup. Don't know where you took it that I was knocking them or their quality

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
"Really cheap". Nah, They are nice wheels. Anything aluminum nowadays is really cheap to build, but the chrome process and customer service is the deciding factor.

The only company I'd ever recommend against is Giovanna and their associated brands.

·
Banned
Cadillac
423 Posts
"Really cheap". Nah, They are nice wheels. Anything aluminum nowadays is really cheap to build, but the chrome process and customer service is the deciding factor.

The only company I'd ever recommend against is Giovanna and their associated brands.
You must've misread the meaning of my post. You posted "Wow, I'm surprised you can even get those DUBs for $2900, especially in 24s", so I said they are really cheap but you pay for reputation, meaning dealer cost is low but they sell for close to retail most of the time because of their reputation. It's just a simple misunderstanding.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
You must've misread the meaning of my post. You posted "Wow, I'm surprised you can even get those DUBs for $2900, especially in 24s", so I said they are really cheap but you pay for reputation, meaning dealer cost is low but they sell for close to retail most of the time because of their reputation. It's just a simple misunderstanding.
Maybe so, being the case I apoligize. I usually get defensive about companys that I like.

However I wouldn't consider the cost that low. There are plenty of other companies that I'd consider much much cheaper than DUB and TIS.

However in reality its all about maintenance and the lack of is what destroys a wheels finish and overall quality.

·
Registered
02 ESCALADE
1,529 Posts
However in reality its all about maintenance and the lack of is what destroys a wheels finish and overall quality.
Not really - in reality, its all about the quality of the finish. Considering the finish is high quality, appropriate maintenance will definitely help sustain that same level of quality during ownership. A lot of wheels that are sold have cheap finishes - its less expensive in production. Although it may not appear cheap, a lot of inexpensive wheels with cheap finishes will eventually crack or peel, regardless of the maintenance efforts.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
Not really - in reality, its all about the quality of the finish. Considering the finish is high quality, appropriate maintenance will definitely help sustain that same level of quality during ownership. A lot of wheels that are sold have cheap finishes - its less expensive in production. Although it may not appear cheap, a lot of inexpensive wheels with cheap finishes will eventually crack or peel, regardless of the maintenance efforts.
I disagree for the most part. Certainly the quality of the finish is a factor, but maintenance is paramount. You could have a high-end Asanti, HRE, Savini, or other forged wheel and lack on the care, and have the opposite with a 'cheap' brand like Incubus, ION, etc etc had those be maintained better and as a result last longer. I see issues like this ALL the time.

·
Registered
02 ESCALADE
1,529 Posts
I disagree for the most part. Certainly the quality of the finish is a factor, but maintenance is paramount. You could have a high-end Asanti, HRE, Savini, or other forged wheel and lack on the care, and have the opposite with a 'cheap' brand like Incubus, ION, etc etc had those be maintained better and as a result last longer. I see issues like this ALL the time.
The only brand in that list that is actually high quality is HRE. The other brands you list all have poor reputations, especially for their finishes. You should know this since you mentioned earlier you sell wheels. I've been in the industry for a long time and have seen the good and bad, over and over.

If you perform the same top notch maintenance on the higher quality finish AND also on the cheap finish, either way, the higher quality finish is going to last longer. If you perform improper maintenance or none at all on any wheel brand, chances are it won't last longer than you expected it to. But you would be surprised what I've seen! So yes, maintenance is a paramount, but I think its just as important if not more to purchase a high quality wheel all around (quality, material, strength, finish, weight, warranty, etc).

Thanks

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
The only brand in that list that is actually high quality is HRE. The other brands you list all have poor reputations, especially for their finishes. You should know this since you mentioned earlier you sell wheels. I've been in the industry for a long time and have seen the good and bad, over and over.

If you perform the same top notch maintenance on the higher quality finish AND also on the cheap finish, either way, the higher quality finish is going to last longer. If you perform improper maintenance or none at all on any wheel brand, chances are it won't last longer than you expected it to. But you would be surprised what I've seen! So yes, maintenance is a paramount, but I think its just as important if not more to purchase a high quality wheel all around (quality, material, strength, finish, weight, warranty, etc).

Thanks
And I've seen the same with all sorts of wheel brands as well. I've seen issues with HRE as well. The problem stems from lack of maintenance.

·
Registered
Cadillac
215 Posts
I got a pair of Zinik rims. I would wash them at least weekly. Never when they were hot. I polished them 2x with Master Formula, usually works wonders. It contains no abrasives. The finish is horrible. One spot looks like the clear rubbed off. I thought Zinik was supposed to be a high quality brand.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts