Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 02 DTS, what Sirius / AM unit do I need to add Sat radio to this car. The factory head unit appears to be Sat ready. I am a Sirius subscriber but I know they were doing XM in these.

Does it matter? Can I use a Sirius unit?

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5
24 Posts
I posted in your other thread but it didn't display. I think because I'm new. In any case I can't find ANYthing for the 2002 DTS. But if it has XM it makes me wonder. The official compatibility of the Sirius Connect GM1 only shows 2003 and newer Cadillacs. Is it possible for you to take a picture of the back of the radio? Maybe I can see if the harness for this will work with that.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing in the car Says XM on it but there is a provision for Sat Radio. Am I wrong to say that the 02 was available with XM? I forget which one but when I push one of the buttons on the head unit it displays NO SAT RADIO INSTALLED.

I suppose I can pull the head unit out and see. How easy are they to remove?

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5
24 Posts
Nothing in the car Says XM on it but there is a provision for Sat Radio. Am I wrong to say that the 02 was available with XM? I forget which one but when I push one of the buttons on the head unit it displays NO SAT RADIO INSTALLED.

I suppose I can pull the head unit out and see. How easy are they to remove?
I don't know how hard the radio is to remove. It depends on the vehicle really. But the DTS might be difficult. I think 2003 was the year that most GMs started to get XM. I really don't think this kit would work with your car, but maybe a small chance it would.

The other thing you could do is install an FM Direct Adapter to connect the audio from the Sirius unit to your FM Antenna (so long as it's a standard FM Antenna port). Then you won't have much static when listening to Sirius.

Or you could buy a really Strong FM Transmitter like the Whole House FM Transmitter connect it to your Sirius radio and have it overpower the FM on a specific frequency.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have all that extra hook up crap in my 01. Starmate4, FM adapter, glass mount cradle, etc.

I really only want to do this in the 02 if I can do it in a factory like fashion with close to factory parts. My 01 doesn't have a provision for Sat so I had no choice.

I don't know how hard the radio is to remove. It depends on the vehicle really. But the DTS might be difficult. I think 2003 was the year that most GMs started to get XM. I really don't think this kit would work with your car, but maybe a small chance it would.

The other thing you could do is install an FM Direct Adapter to connect the audio from the Sirius unit to your FM Antenna (so long as it's a standard FM Antenna port). Then you won't have much static when listening to Sirius.

Or you could buy a really Strong FM Transmitter like the Whole House FM Transmitter connect it to your Sirius radio and have it overpower the FM on a specific frequency.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5
24 Posts
I have all that extra hook up crap in my 01. Starmate4, FM adapter, glass mount cradle, etc.

I really only want to do this in the 02 if I can do it in a factory like fashion with close to factory parts. My 01 doesn't have a provision for Sat so I had no choice.
I've looked and looked and can't find anything in the vehicle and year you have :crying:

Satellite Radio came out in 2001/2002. No many vehicles had it so early. 2003 is a different story. I even looked on competitors sites for Aux Inputs for your vehicle and couldn't find any. I'm so sorry. :banghead:

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK maybe it wasn't an option then. Maybe they were just planning ahead.

The button I was referring to says PTY on it. When pressed the display says No Satellite Radio. There is a satellite symbol in the Sources display. Not lit, but there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts