Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a thought:

In a year or 2, after being stunned by the shear quality of the 94 DeVille over the 91 Park Ave, they want to replace the 94 DeVille with a newer one.

They were thinking new body style, but they do not want to buy new.

Of the DeVilles made from 2000-2003, what are the major differences and are there any advantages to these years?

If all else fails, they will get the last year of the present body style - a 1999 DeVille.

Input?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Problems are going to be about the same, but I personally would get one that still has warranty left on it!! You can get extended warranties that go to 100k dirt cheap if you still have some factory warranty left!!!

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Wes is right. Extend the warranty and you'll have no worries.

But if you buy beyond 50,000 miles, avoid 2000. Get 2001 or 2002 if it's in the budget. First year of a new style is always good to avoid.

Now is a good time to get a bargain, the 2004 models are coming out and every used car celebrates a birthday at the end of summer. Another year older, a little more depreciation...

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
My vote would also be for the '01 and up. I'd avoid the '00. As for the pre '00 cars, test drive an example of both the last generation and current generation cars and you'll notice a HUGE difference between the two. I personally prefer the newer gen cars.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
If I had my 'druthers, I'd go for the '99 model - I rented a 2000 when they first came out and HATED IT!!!! That was the year that they made the Caddy on the shorter, smaller Monte Carlo base. It had less interior room than my '88, less trunk room, less head room, less shoulder room - you get the photo.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Frost said:
If I had my 'druthers, I'd go for the '99 model - I rented a 2000 when they first came out and HATED IT!!!! That was the year that they made the Caddy on the shorter, smaller Monte Carlo base. It had less interior room than my '88, less trunk room, less head room, less shoulder room - you get the photo.
Monte Carlo base? :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I'm going to look at both tomorrow morning and compare. I'll post a report if I get a chance.

I'm sure that the 2000 and later models have many advantages, but the question is, are they worth the extra $5K or more that they're getting for them on the used market?

It looks to me like I can get a '99 or earlier for under $15K, but the 2000 and later will run a minimum of $18K.

I just don't see the advantage or the extra value in just having the newer body style. If there's more to it than that, someone please educate me. After all, we're here to learn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Elvis