Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2002 Deville base
02' DeVille, Crimson, 1300w Sub, Tinted
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need more loud out of my 2002 deville already did a resonator delete still have the cat and the stock mufflers I’m looking at flowmaster 44s I may get rid of the cat if it’s not loud enough after that even. But as far as I know the flowmasters are a 2.25 inlet and outlet. will these clamp to the 2inch exhaust after the y-pipe or will I need adapters?
Was looking at these ones: Flowmaster® 942446 - Super 44 Series Delta Flow™ Aluminized Steel Oval Black Exhaust Muffler (2.25" Offset ID, 2.25" Center OD, 13" Length)

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV 2WD 6.2
226 Posts
Deleting resonators is a pointless exercise. They do not impede exhaust flow and only supress drone. You don't sound very mature, seeking loudness on a Cadillac rather than a performance increase, and I will offer nothing further. Why don't you check with Flowmaster for compatability?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,445 Posts
Need more loud out of my 2002 deville already did a resonator delete still have the cat and the stock mufflers I’m looking at flowmaster 44s I may get rid of the cat if it’s not loud enough after that even. But as far as I know the flowmasters are a 2.25 inlet and outlet. will these clamp to the 2inch exhaust after the y-pipe or will I need adapters?
Was looking at these ones: Flowmaster® 942446 - Super 44 Series Delta Flow™ Aluminized Steel Oval Black Exhaust Muffler (2.25" Offset ID, 2.25" Center OD, 13" Length)
======================
before you get too goofy hacking stuff off the car - go yo YouTube -
there are several videos of Northstar powered Deville - Seville - and Eldorado with various loud mufflers -

I may get rid of the cat if it’s not loud enough after that even
THAT is a FEDERAL offense - punishable by FLOGGING -

the flowmasters are a 2.25 inlet and outlet.
will these clamp to the 2inch exhaust after the y-pipe or will I need adapters?

you can NOT crush a 2.25 pipe over 2" pipe and expect a good seal -

a real muffler shop would probably make a short adapter
to fit OVER the existing pipes and INTO the muffler -

·
2002 Deville base
36 Posts
Deleting resonators is a pointless exercise. They do not impede exhaust flow and only supress drone. You don't sound very mature, seeking loudness on a Cadillac rather than a performance increase, and I will offer nothing further. Why don't you check with Flowmaster for compatability?
Wow why even bother replying? Just cause it’s a Cadillac doesn’t mean it has to be quiet.

======================
before you get too goofy hacking stuff off the car - go yo YouTube -
there are several videos of Northstar powered Deville - Seville - and Eldorado with various loud mufflers -

I may get rid of the cat if it’s not loud enough after that even
THAT is a FEDERAL offense - punishable by FLOGGING -

the flowmasters are a 2.25 inlet and outlet.
will these clamp to the 2inch exhaust after the y-pipe or will I need adapters?

you can NOT crush a 2.25 pipe over 2" pipe and expect a good seal -

a real muffler shop would probably make a short adapter
to fit OVER the existing pipes and INTO the muffler -
Okay makes sense and am
I better off taking it to a muffler shop to do any exhaust work? Cant really find any adapters that size

·
21,445 Posts
Wow why even bother replying? Just cause it’s a Cadillac doesn’t mean it has to be quiet.

Okay makes sense and am
I better off taking it to a muffler shop to do any exhaust work? Cant really find any adapters that size
==================
YES - as I said - a real muffler shop will be able to make the correct adapters
so the job is done right the first time

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
75,429 Posts
Done correctly, here's what it should look like. And the muffler hanger rods need to be welded in the correct positions/angles or the entire system will rattle against the body and center pipe heat shield.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

·
21,445 Posts
Looks good, you have a video of it running?
=====================
this is NOT a couple of flowmaster mufflers hacked into place -

Sub's STS has the full cat-back CORSA stainless steel system - around $1500 just for the parts -
and it delivers the PRETTIEST sound ever emitted from a Northstar powered car -

·
2002 Deville base
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just guessing, but if the OP wants the sound of Flowmaster 44's, I suspect he'd not be happy with the CORSA.
Corsa system sounds better than the "truck" tone of the flow masters obviously, flow masters are just cheaper don't wanna put a lot of money into this car when the corsa system is worth he value of the car

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
75,429 Posts
The CORSA is plenty loud and will literally wake the dead when you get on it. Rumbly in town and no - no - drone on the open road. The pic was used to illustrate what an aftermarket install should look like, not to push CORSA. Unless the DIY modifier is a true Michelangelo of welders/benders then exhaust work is best sent to a GOOD shop or the results may well be less than satisfactory.

I paid just over $1000, shipped, for that system back in 2006. Even at the current $1500 (special order now) price it's still far, far less expensive than the STS is "worth". It's not productive to know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts