Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one answered on the other part of the board, so I'll try here.....

In you opinion, which do you guys feel has a softer ride, the 2000-2004 Devilles or the 1997-1999 Devilles?

I'm looking into getting a 1997-1999 deville, but would like to read your opinions.

Thanks for the help everybody :)

LM

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No opinions, comments??

I was able to test drive a 2000, but don't have a chance to check out a 1999.

LM

·
Registered
5 Posts
No question. 2000 - 2004. I have a 2000 with heavy duty suspension and limo package. It is much smoother than the later models 1997 - 1999's I have ridden in.:coolgleam

·
Registered
19 Posts
i agree, much more softer ride with the 2000 - 2004 models. Just keep your tires pressure the same is all wheels. I learned even 5 psi in diffrent tires made my car not ride as smooth. :coolgleam

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
perhaps the question... what model were you driving?

for the '97-'99, there was base, which was more for nice luxry and soft ride, then the Concours, which was more for sport ride and better handling.... for '00+ there was base, which was the basic fleet car... the DHS (High Luxury) which was more tuned for soft and smooth ride and comfort, and the DTS (Touring) which is basically the same as the previous Concours... more sporty and such...

·
Registered
562 Posts
ive never been inside a 00-04 deville, but the 99 deville base model has a very....very nice ride. personally i dont like the exterior stylings of the deville after 99, they ruined it with the tail lights. resale value on 97-99 devilles is also EXTREMELY low for some reason...meaning you can pick one up for much cheaper money. typically in my area a 99 deville with the right miles will cost half of what a 2000 w/ the right milage would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
chuckdobbins