Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
My wife has the Kenwood DD-8017 on her 2002 Escalade. We love it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
43 Posts
go with the alpine vehicle hub pro and a touch screen monitor and mold it into the dash bezel. works great and looks HOT. does video to. here's a pic of the one in my truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Yes we can watch DVD while driving. Its illegal, but most people do it. I use it a lot to listen to music videos. I dont drive and sit there staring at the unit, as it can cause an accident. Anyways, you just gotta ground the ebrake wire.

Here are a few pics. Its all touchscreen and has reverse camera, etc. Has many other features you can add on, like bluetooth, navigation (add on unit) or ipod, etc. Just look it up online for more info between the 7017 adn 8017. The 8017 is the newer version I believe and I got it off ebay.

REMEMBER, if you have a 2002 Escalade, minor trimming is needed around the bezel so that it fits!!!

Pics not the greatest, but it'll do.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice but, what is that stuff on the sides of it? foam padding?
i was hoping for a clean install, dont really want to do any trimming...

do you make your own music video dvds?
what program do you use for downloading the videos?
and what program do you use to burn them to disc?
how many videos can you get on one dvd?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
nice but, what is that stuff on the sides of it? foam padding?
i was hoping for a clean install, dont really want to do any trimming...

do you make your own music video dvds?
what program do you use for downloading the videos?
and what program do you use to burn them to disc?
how many videos can you get on one dvd?

thanks!
The stuff on the side is not foam. Its plastic. Not sure what its called though. I agree that its not the cleanest looking install, as the other guy above had the custom mold. Now that is nice. But this will do for now.

If you have an '02, most likely you will need trimming. '03+ escalades have bigger opening for the double dins, so no trimming is required.

As for the music videos, ebay is your best friend. I order mine there, and each dvd can have up to 50 music videos. Pretty cool, its like watching MTV or BET in your car. I get a kick out of it, when I'm going clubbing with a bunch of friends have not only have music, but the music videos as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/15-DVDs-WITH-OVER-420-GANGSTA-RAP-AND-HIP-HOP-VIDEOS_W0QQitemZ160146264025QQihZ006QQcategoryZ617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
62 Posts
Definitely go with the Double Din looks much cleaner imo. I have had the Kenwood DNX7100 AND Pioneer Avic Z1, The kenwood ipod controls rock, the navi looks a bit cartoonish but the pioneer navi is ten times better and the Pioneer seemed to have a better picture, the Avic is actually for sale on ebay as we are now down to one Cadzilla since we let one of them go. Check it out would take 1250.00 for all of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AVIC-Z1-WITH-ALL-THE-GOODIES-AND-THEN-SOME_W0QQitemZ260148407592QQihZ016QQcategoryZ79834QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well, my avic sold, but yes a double din will fit, my brother has an 02 and he has an avic in his. Find a good reputable shop there is a little bit of cutting and trimming that needs to be done to make it fit I believe one of the earlier photos is a din and a half with a double din install. and on the models again if you are a big ipod user go with the kenwood the DNX7100 is extremely affordable for what all you get and the ipod controls stomp the pioneer in the but its extremely fast, shows album art on screen and plays video from the touch screen.

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
540 Posts
don't forget that you can use the kenwood keg too. I have one and love it. 10 gig of storage that goes through the changer hook up.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
What Interface Did Any Of You Guys Use To Install Your Head Units And What Did You Do With Your 6 Disc Changers?
My 6 disc changer is dis-connected, therefore no longer work. I know it sucks. But most guys will buy a flipout dvd player screen and install it where the 6 disc changer goes so you can watch video out of that too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I used a GMOS 24 for the head unit, same with my changer pulled it out, had a flip monitor but it turned out that it didnt get used so i pulled it out and molded another cubby to go there and it works perfectly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts