Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 V with a stock exhaust system. It's comin off, and it's comin off SOON!! However, I am a undecided on which brand I should go with; Corsa, Borla, or B&B. I am leaning toward the B&B with the X-pipe for the sound and the most gains, but I fear the interior sound being to lound. Anyone that owns this system please give some true and accurate feedback (none of that bias because I own it crap :tisk: ). I also want to hear positives and negatives about all brands, so please let me know what's up. I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times, but it's my turn now so please bear with me. Thanks

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
They're all good systems from a fit-up/quality stand point; the beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

Best for you is the sound you like; find other local V owners with aftermarket exhaust systems and hear them for yourself.

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
Use the search feature please.

Depends on what your going to mod (if any) later.

Once I got the B&B headers, I was pretty much committed to the B&B system.

I had a CORSA also, but had to get adapters made to mate it up.

Why?

Because the B&B is a 3" dia vs 2.5" for everyone else.

You can stay civil, by getting the resonator and putting it on after you get bored with being obnoxius.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
This may not help your choice but if you're worried about interior noise stick with the stock exhaust. Otherwise do what Stealth suggested and hook up with other members a meet or something to hear different exhaust systems.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
They're all good systems from a fit-up/quality stand point; the beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

Best for you is the sound you like; find other local V owners with aftermarket exhaust systems and hear them for yourself.

:yeah:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know about the search option and have used it, but I want some fresh advice. I appreciate everyones comments so far, keep em comin!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DAMN! That does sound good. I never even considered Magnaflow until now. Nice vid.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
DAMN! That does sound good. I never even considered Magnaflow until now. Nice vid.
A lot of guys on here have Corsa and Borla...i was never too impressed by them. Once i heard Magnaflow in person i was hooked...just waited for the perfect buy on ebay an it was done! Magnaflow and BB are the most aggressive sounds. I took 4 execs out for lunch and the sound inside was great...loud enough for them to ask..."WTF...I thought this was a Caddilac" and soft enough for us to all talk and not have to yell over the exhaust. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I like that sound. How much interior noise/drone - specifically can you: (a) hear the radio; and/or (b) carry on a normal conversation while cruising a 65-70 mph?
Like I said before...the interior sound is very reasonable. Two days after, I took my four (4) execs out for lunch and it was great. On excel there is a nice deep tone but nothing you cant talk over. As far as the drone that people have talked about arond 60mph...WHAT? I have no such sound. Maybe its different on the LS2 V's cause my sound is beautiful from 0-75 (due to the resent "130 mph+" reckless driving charge i dont speed much anymore).

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Here's what the Corsa sounds like on a stock V.

Let me get with CIWS to record mine the same way...then you can hear how they differ. He had a mic taped to the rear bumper...that may be the best way to get an accurate sound.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
04 Raven V
51 Posts
Zoomers fit and finish is impressive and the sound is incredible. Worth considering for sure. Im very pleased

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
if the interior sound gets too loud for you and u cant handle it anymore, you can dynamat the rear... that should help u out a little

1 - 20 of 55 Posts