Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm aware the exhaust design differs from the V and standard Coupe, but if you were able to make a choice, which would you prefer? Personally, I like the exhaust on the Standard Coupe.

CTS-V Coupe

Standard CTS Coupe

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.
337 Posts
CTS-V. Reason: It is obvious there is dual exhaust on the V, whereas it is not so obvious on the Standard.

·
Registered
08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
2,541 Posts
The standard CTS. It is nicely integrated into the body unlike the V-version which is sort of common....

·
Registered
'10 3.0 AWD Sedan
143 Posts
I strongly prefer the round pipes & in person side by side they look better than in pictures. BTW, when I was picking up my car they had a coupe with the sport pkg & it had the round exhaust.

·
Registered
2016 ATS Coupe 2.0T RWD Lux Black/Black
98 Posts
I prefer the distinctive design on my standard CTS Coupe.

But that wouldn't have stopped me from buying the V if money were no object. (Since money is an object, and since it's more of an object than having way more power than I actually "need," I'm perfectly happy with my gorgeous, plenty powerful standard Coupe. LOVE this car!)

·
Registered
2011 TG CTS Coupe
200 Posts
E&G Classics makes a 2 tip kit for the non V that runs around 500 bucks. They now force you into the accent mesh at the reflectors, a $200+ add on I'm not interested in. Anyone know how to buy tips only without the mesh?

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,331 Posts
I like the rounded "V" configuration; had I a choice (other than those two), I would like the separated dual (as in the sedan).

·
Registered
11:::CTS:::C:O:U:P:E:::Black:on:Black
51 Posts
Wow...I see Im TOTALLY outnumbered on this subject...BUUUUT...Im partial to the CTS exhaust. Not because I own one...rather it showcases an edgy design by Cadillac (attracting a younger generation)...plus it adds to the theme; Art meets metal.

·
Registered
2016 ATS Coupe 2.0T RWD Lux Black/Black
98 Posts
Wow...I see Im TOTALLY outnumbered on this subject...BUUUUT...Im partial to the CTS exhaust. Not because I own one...rather it showcases an edgy design by Cadillac (attracting a younger generation)...plus it adds to the theme; Art meets metal.
We may be outnumbered, but we're in the right.

For the record, from a design standpoint, I also prefer the eggcrate grille and flat hood of the standard coupe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts