Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for you guys that have run drag radials , Which are the better between Nitto & Bfg. The only thing I have to go by is size, seems Nitto makes them in the size I prefer (285/35/18) So if there isn't any real problems with the Nitto's I will order them
Doug @ Kars is now finishing my rear end build that was screwed up by some others, should be done Tuesday. Then I get to keep it a couple weeks, while EPP is building a forged 402 with AFR 225 heads, heavily modded fuel system for the high hp, Trading my D1sc for the higher volume F1-A ProCharger to make sure the boost is there for the new 402 and adding methanol injection.
Hoping to have this beast together tuned and on the street within six weeks.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9.5 to 1

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Funny you should ask this question, as I was just talking about tires a few weeks back...

Nitto, bar none, was the drag radial that was heavily recommended to me.

I seem to recall a really nice 305 drag radials that Nitto made for 18" rims...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what I was hoping , The Nitto 285/35/18 will fit on stock rim & it's a perfect diameter match for my 255/40/18 front tires

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mickey thompson drag radials.....

when I was lookin at them I couldn't find anything even close to 18" ,was I lookin in the wrong place

·
Banned
Cadillac
174 Posts
yea if you really want the optimal setup, when you take her to the track you should have some 15" or 16" rims with slicks on em.

Mickey ET streets
3785R† P305/35R18 27 X 12.50R18 31 R2 10.0-11.0 12.0 12.5 11.5 26.39 82.9

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With 800hp why aren't you looking at 14-16 rims and drag slicks for drag racing?

You know, that might be something for the future. But I kinda new at this 800 + rwhp thing that I'm told it will problably dyno. To start we'll have to see what the actual power turns out to be. And I have to have somewhere to start on some kinda soft compound tire to see what happens and see where things go from there

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
You know, that might be something for the future. But I kinda new at this 800 + rwhp thing that I'm told it will problably dyno. To start we'll have to see what the actual power turns out to be. And I have to have somewhere to start on some kinda soft compound tire to see what happens and see where things go from there
Got it. And I suppose you will also have to decide whether you are going to drag race occasionally, or get super competitive. For example, you would probably need smaller rotors to go to much smaller rear rims, which is something you might not want to do if your only going to visit the strip from time to time.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got it. And I suppose you will also have to decide whether you are going to drag race occasionally, or get super competitive. For example, you would probably need smaller rotors to go to much smaller rear rims, which is something you might not want to do if your only going to visit the strip from time to time.

I'm sure there are a lotta things that will come to light as this thing develops , Such as I had'n't even thought about needing smaller rotors with smaller rims, And I really can't see me changing to smaller rotors

·
Registered
BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT
1,689 Posts
The M/T drags are better than the others but aren't made for 18s. I've seen Nittos with less sidewall hook more power better than a set of BFGs on the same car. Plus the Nittos lasted longer and seemed more stable in the rain. Ofcourse, thats been a while and they've change the BFG design since then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts