Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a CTS-V Billet Grill on my CTS and I was wondering what would be better to put on an E&G Grill, Or Official Cadillac CTS-V Grill, what are the differences and what are the price difference? thanks

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
They look the same to me, but theres a huge price differnce. IF you enjoy wasting money, go for the E & G, but if not get the stock V grill. :yup:

·
Registered
887 Posts
I Saw A White Diamond Cts On Ebay....SomeBody Paint The Stock Grill Diamond White. It Looked Preety Nice. I Might Paint My Stock Grill Diamond White. Nothing Wrong With The Look Of The Grill But The Grey Is Tacky Looking On The Diamond White Cts....

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
Robert is absolutely correct. The OEM CTS-V grill is constructed of a thin gauge almost "poultry wire" type of polished stainless steel. It is very light weight and flimsy in construction.

It is obvious that the "lowest bidder" won the "grill-supply" contract when Cadillac was soliciting bids for grill suppliers and the OEM V grill reflects the less than high quality one should expect from a $50,000 plus car.

By comparison; the E&G grill at 2 feet of "eyeball" distance looks identical, but is yet twice the price; so why is that:

• The E&G CTS-V grill is manufactured from a very heavy gauge, yet light weight solid billet aluminim material, rather than the thin gauge stainless OEM stainless steel
  • The E&G CTS-V grill is then hexavalent chrome plated. It is submersion tank dipped in a copper bath, bright nickel bath and then finished with a high grade flash chrome and polished to a mirror like finish.
  • The fit, finish and quality is second to none and easily justifies the difference in price.
If your price shopping, the OEM grill can be bought for about $250 delivered from GM Parts Direct.

If you shop around, the E&G single weave CTS-V mesh grill will cost around $450.00 and can be found on eBay. It carries an MSRP of $795 and quite candidly is worth every penny of $795

But shop around on eBay and look at some different vendors as you can obtain the grill only for about $450 which is the typical street price.

To give you an idea, I trashed my own OEM CTS-V grill as it was junk and replaced it with a better quality grill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts