Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 DTS 4.6,2005 Jaguar X-Type
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2004 Deville, I just happened to notice the middle of the pass. side rug is always wet. No one ever uses that side so I don't know how long it has been getting wet. It's not antifreeze or any other fluid. It's clear ,orderless and non greasy, it's water. The carpet surrounding the wet area is completely dry,front,back ,side to side. There are no holes under the car, so where would this water be coming in either after a rain or after a car wash. How would I check this somehow? thanks for any input.Russ

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Do you have a sunroof?

On side note, the foam backing of the carpet absorbs a crazy amount of water. The carpet will only feel wet once it's pretty thoroughly drenched. It will never dry just sitting there. Once the source if the leak is found and dealt with, the carpet will have to be removed and dried for a day or more. Otherwise you'll have rust issues.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,184 Posts
Also check to be sure that the A/C condensate drain (#21) is clear.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,851 Posts
I agree with Ranger -
evaporator drain is probably clogged -

with the AC on - do you see water dripping under the car?
you should -

==========================

MoistCabbage is also 100% correct -
you might have a gallon or more of water trapped under the carpet -
and a wet vac isn't going to get it out -

·
Registered
2007 DTS 4.6,2005 Jaguar X-Type
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes it was plugged. Wow about a gal. of water and black gook came out. Now the task of drying the rug and foam padding. We squeezed and wet vac as much as we could get out, now we'll put bath towels under the rug to eventually have the rest wik into the bath towels every day

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
If you don't take the carpet out it will take forever to dry and not stink if it ever does dry out. Last time I had mine drying for a week to kill stink and get super dry.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Yup, again, you NEED to remove the carpet to allow the foam backing to dry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts