Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SRX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I installed the latest Navigation Disc (5.0c) in my 2008 SRX. It initially reported that it was doing system updates and then came up as usual.

The default US map area had to be reset and I noticed a different menu to do this. It my be my imagination but the display seems to have a little better resolution. I have not gone anywhere to see if the street listings in my area have been improved.

I had upgraded from Version 3.0.

I thought I had read somewhere in these forums that a digital clock had been added to the display after doing a Version 4 upgrade...??

I suppose I could be confused with another car but I really thought is was in the SRX forum.

Can anyone straighten me out on this item? :cookoo:

·
Registered
2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite
1,185 Posts
Sorry... but there is NO Digital clock in the SRX version of the Nav Controller.

Yes, you did read that such a digital clock exists, but that was with the modules in other Caddy models.

I purchased a small $3 Digital Clock and mounted it under dash hood - time-at-a-glance.

I believe GM engineers figure if you can not tell time with an analog clock on the dash, you should not be driving an SRX.

·
Registered
2008 SRX
6 Posts
When I updated the Nav disc in my '06 DTS the digital clock appeared. Putting the same disc in the "08 SRX did not show the clock. I don't remember the ver # of the disc. I just purchased disc #22880386u ver 7 for the SRX in hope of getting the digital clock - no luck.

The Nav heads appear to be the same, why did I get it on my DTS but not on the SRX???

12,778 Posts
When I updated the Nav disc in my '06 DTS the digital clock appeared. Putting the same disc in the "08 SRX did not show the clock. I don't remember the ver # of the disc. I just purchased disc #22880386u ver 7 for the SRX in hope of getting the digital clock - no luck.

The Nav heads appear to be the same, why did I get it on my DTS but not on the SRX???
Hello RobM,

I will check my sources and see if I am able to find an answer to your question.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 5 of 5 Posts