Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys:

Anyone has heard from orconn? It is awhile that I haven't seen him around. I tried to send him a private message, but his inbox was full.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Re: Happy memorial day

Guys:

Anyone have heard from orconn? It is awhile that I haven't seen him around.
You're right. I checked and he hasn't visited the site since April 24th. I hope he's okay. No clues in his last posts.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts

I noticed that about a week ago and sent PM before his box was full.
Received no answer yet.
Hopefully just a long vacation.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still no news? Anyone has any contact info outside of this forum?

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I have never had contact with him outside the forum, but we did PM on a regular basis.

Whenever I found a local story about something he might remember from his time here, I would PM him.
He would always answer the next day or day after next.
I sent him a PM about week before this thread appeared, because I noticed him missing.
I have not heard back and am quite concerned.

Perhaps premature, but just to be in the safe side, let's all keep him in our prayers for a quick return.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am hoping that he is just having fun somewhere else with some new people that are more interesting than us in CF and that is why he has totally forgotten us! :p

·
Registered
Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03
1,194 Posts
This thread is disturbing ... reminds me too much of "Where's Sandy".
I hope and trust all is well with Orconn.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,470 Posts
I have heard/know nothing but believe that, over the last 3 or 4 years, he was "disabled".

Perhaps an in-depth search of his posts/threads would turn up a clue. Click his username, open the profile. View past posts/threads. It's all in here somewhere. He spoke of physical troubles.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
FWIW, I emailed him a few days ago but no response yet. Of course anything keeping him from the internet and the forum would also keep him from e-mail.

----------

Perhaps an in-depth search of his posts/threads would turn up a clue. Click his username, open the profile. View past posts/threads. It's all in here somewhere.
Already tried. Since I joined the forums, I believe the owners have deleted older posts, I assume to save on storage costs or maybe there was a crash and a lot of history wasn't restored. When I joined, I could see posts for people going back to when the joined even if years ago. But some time ago, searches started only retrieving later content.

I can't find any posts from him prior to well into 2014.

----------

Update. In addition (or because) search is screwed up.

The canned search (with unknown criteria) for latest posts for sub (for example) only goes back to April this year and a custom search for all posts by sub goes back to 2009 but only finds 2 pages of posts in total.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I am working on a Jaguar lead now.

I am just so damn busy right now readying mom's new apt, moving, packing, closing on the old home, I haven't had the time to devote to it that I would like.

If anyone has an inside connection with the Jaguar organization, or would like to take over for me, PM me and I will provide what I have for his personal info. (Which isn't a lot.)

He was very guarded about his personal info, so I do not want to post too much here, but under the circumstance, I think he would forgive me sharing with another old-timer we have known for years.

He has COPD, but as far as I know was managing fairly well.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,804 Posts
I hate to ask this. But has anyone googled for his name in the area he lives? Just to see if his name is mentioned in the papers.

I personally don't know his name, perhaps someone else does.

KOT

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Well Google doesn't have any mention of anyone with his birthday... well... leaving us since his last post.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Google doesn't have any mention of anyone with his birthday... well... leaving us since his last post.
Please! You really think that Orconn had shared his actual birthday with us?! He used to be an intelligence officer at Navy for God's sake! And probably he had been feeding us with misleading info for ten years! :hmm: I won't be surprised if we profile him based on the info he has shared, we might end up with Ken Davitian! :histeric:

I am keeping my hopes up. He is fine, and busy with some new things. But that would be nice to hear from him!

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I checked the Richmond and Midlothian obit, and have been regularly, and back to April 25th.
Because of his connection to CA I tried there too, but so...many....:suspense:

Thankfully it has been a fruitless pursuit.

He will be upset upon his return that we are digging into his personal life. And I will be extremely happy to be in trouble with him, just to have him back. Or so I pray.

I have been packing and moving since 10 am Central and just sat down to check in a half hour ago.
I am just too busy to but hope to find someone close enough to him there how has contact with him, he may have some close friends there to help us.

If anyone has the time and interest to pursue that PM me. I will provide the info I know in a confidential PM to one of the regulars here.

If not, I will try to find time to do so soon, but not looking good with all I have to do for mom and try and keep my employment too!

·
Registered
'99 Seville STS; '96/7 ETC
2,393 Posts

I really do feel I might be trespassing here & I have never bought into the idea of a forum as a community or internet friendships BUT this really has been like eavesdropping on a circle of friends discussing a missing member of their group.

I have found it humbling & heartwarming & now feel the need to reassess my own views.

Needless to say I will follow this thread with interest & share the hope it will have a happy ending.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I checked the Richmond and Midlothian obit, and have been regularly, and back to April 25th.
Because of his connection to CA I tried there too, but so...many....:suspense:

Thankfully it has been a fruitless pursuit.

He will be upset upon his return that we are digging into his personal life. And I will be extremely happy to be in trouble with him, just to have him back. Or so I pray.

I have been packing and moving since 10 am Central and just sat down to check in a half hour ago.
I am just too busy to but hope to find someone close enough to him there how has contact with him, he may have some close friends there to help us.

If anyone has the time and interest to pursue that PM me. I will provide the info I know in a confidential PM to one of the regulars here.

If not, I will try to find time to do so soon, but not looking good with all I have to do for mom and try and keep my employment too!
I don't know Orconn's real name, but I know enough of him to be able to spot him if it were there, and I couldn't find anything, which is good! Come on guys, don't be so pessimistic! I am just trying to get hold of someone who knows him and can update us how he is doing.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts

I really do feel I might be trespassing here & I have never bought into the idea of a forum as a community or internet friendships BUT this really has been like eavesdropping on a circle of friends discussing a missing member of their group.

I have found it humbling & heartwarming & now feel the need to reassess my own views.

Needless to say I will follow this thread with interest & share the hope it will have a happy ending.
It is funny how for just an internet group, we here really are important to each other.
Orconn has been a daily presence in my life for years now.
I have talked to him more frequently and at greater depth than I have my co-workers of 12 years.
His "going dark" on this forum really does leave a void in my life, and others here.
I have been fortunate enough to meet up or converse outside the forum with many members and all have been as genuine and nice as you could ever hope to meet.
Orconn is one I am hoping to add to that list someday.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts