Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got the kooks and the corsa installed, sounds awesome, but I'm still looking for a deeper more aggresive and just plain loud tone. So of course i'm looking at the DMH low profile cutouts. My question to you guys is, would you install the cutouts before the cats to bypass them, or after the cats to only bypass the muffler? It should be noted that I also have the high flow cats installed, but I'm pretty sure that even the highflows restrict the exhaust tone.

Thanks

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,986 Posts
Might be a little too NASCAR-ish after the headers. I'd do downstream of the cats.

Umm-m, let me guess: you're not married, are you? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V FG2, BB, CAI...
122 Posts
Sat Sri Akal,

go for the NASCAR sound and they'll really know you're coming. i'm running BB and wish it was louder still. passengers usually ask me if it's supposed to be this loud, my response is 'no' it should be louder.

btw, i got the hd to 119db at 15ft away 3/4 throttle.

B

·
Registered
04 Cadillac CTS-V
181 Posts
Might be a little too NASCAR-ish after the headers. I'd do downstream of the cats.

That is the beauty of cutouts though. Loud one minute and tame the next. I'm actually trying to track down the guy/gal that did our radio/nav interface so that 3 taps on the t/c button goes to comp mode plus opens the electronic cutouts. Then on the nav screen it will just say "A--HOLE MODE"!! :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had mine between the manifold and resonator. It was awesome. You would be surprised at how loud it won't be after the resonator. Buy a DMH and it is totally adjustable. My '04 is on their website. dmhperformancedotcom

·
Registered
CTS-V
874 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
209 Posts
If you want balls out unrefined loud sound then replace the cats with dual cutouts

If you want loud as hell but not so raspy, put the cutouts after the cats.

...that's what I would do... :D

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts
Id Go With Loud As Hell...

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,042 Posts
I know the stock cats in-and-of-themselves will reduce a lot of sound. I'm not sure how much the hi-flow cat's reduce. I'm sure they do some.

That said, if you're going to the time and expense of adding cut outs, and you have the room to do it, install them AFTER the headers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts