Registered
407 Posts
jersey dude said:
Thanks LIV:

I think I am now PM-able. I think.

By the way-AWESOME caddy.
It's Lev, not LIV
You are not PM-able
That Caddy is no longer with me. If you want to know why, look at my profile and read through my postings.

·
Registered
1981 CoupeDeville, 1990 Eldorado, 1994ETC(RIP)
1,093 Posts
Had worked second shift till 12:00 or 1:00 AM and was still in bed when my mom called me and told me to turn on the TV and that we had been attacked and would soon be at war. I went to my closet and got my uniforms out of the box and pressed them (out of USAF for 4 months) and was more than half expecting a call to report to either Rickenbacker or Wright Patterson.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
JerseyGirl said:
I was getting ready to take the kids to the state fair here in TN. I never put the tv on in the mornings. My hubbys son called from Jersey & was frantic & wanted to come down. Told us to put the tv on. Never made it to the fair. :( That day the light was different here in TN. I looked outside before I knew anything was happening & the light was very bright & not like any other I ahve seen again or before! They even mentioned that on the local news! Weird! After I heard what happened, it almost made sense...like heaven was opening up.
I noticed that it was really clear that morning, I mentioned it to a friend!

I was very moved by what happened in Oct. of 2001. My wife and I were coming back from a business trip to Arkansas. As we approached Washington from the north west, we saw a hugh rainbow. When we topped the last hill coming into the Baltimore metro area, we could see the rainbow was directly over D.C. It was very strange, the angle of the sun should have only produced a rainbow that would have been visable to our east! It was a perfect rainbow ground to ground. People were stopping to look. We realized at that point, that the sun had set about 10 minutes before! This thing was visable for about 25 minutes and it was the most perfect one I'd ever seen. This was one month after 9/11, every time a plane went over you wondered, is this another highjacked flying bomb? Will we see some attack on Washington as come closer to town? You just couldn't help it.
When we saw that rainbow, I had the most peaceful feeling come over me! I knew right then, it was a sign telling us, no more, not now. Frankly after that I felt better and still do! :angel:

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I remember thinking how clear the day was as well. The day after was also.

I don't know if it was supernatural as some have suggested, or if it was just a byproduct of the lower pollution generated on those days.

·
Registered
1993 DeVille
174 Posts
Sitting home FREAKING out !!!! At first I thought it was a MOVIE of
some sort.

Started polishing and cleaning my GUNS and checking my AMMO supply
just waiting..............

What really sucked is the dumb azzes at the elem. school let the little ones
see it on TV !!!!!!!! My 11 yo came home freaking out !!!!!!!!

SAD day indeed!................geo

·
Registered
2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
2,860 Posts
sonjaab said:
Sitting home FREAKING out !!!! At first I thought it was a MOVIE of
some sort.

Started polishing and cleaning my GUNS and checking my AMMO supply
just waiting..............

What really sucked is the dumb azzes at the elem. school let the little ones
see it on TV !!!!!!!! My 11 yo came home freaking out !!!!!!!!

SAD day indeed!................geo
we made sure no one said a word about it at the school i worked at. we didn't think it was our place to be the ones to explain it. we did send a letter home telling parents that they needed to address it however they wanted to, keeping in mind by the next day all the other kids would know.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts