Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at home in bed when I was awaken by my mom saying that war has begun on the US.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I remember this exactly.....

My mom picked me up from school, and we had a doctors apointment, so as we were making a turn right before going on th bridge, we had the radio on, and they said, this just in, a plane hit the world trade center it wasn't for about 1 1/2 hours after that I relaized that it was a 777 and they collapsed, I thought it just hit the roof or something.......

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
i was walking into 2nd period, and i rememeber saying, "oh cool a movie" then with tears in her eyes my teacher said its real.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
I slept through it at school. I woke up when we had to go to the auditorium to watch it on a TV in there.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I was in my 8:00am public speaking class. I got back to my dorm room and a friend of mine called me as soon as i walked in. He just said "TURN ON THE ****ING TV MAN!" i said, "what channel?" "ANY"

hen i saw it... I woke my roommat up and we spent the rest of the day watching it.

my college still held classes and the class i had later that day the techer was an ass and didnt want to talk aobut it, he just conducted class as usuall.... no one payed attention and half the class left when he said he was gunna do that.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I was alone at my shop working and when the first report came over the radio, I tried to go online to learn more about what was going on. All the online ISPs were down, so I tried calling over to my wife's office but the phone circuits were all busy. It was kinda scarey at first when I couldn't get any info about what was going on.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I was walking into my 2nd period lit class, and the TV was on..... It was really weird, because all the lights were out, and it was DEAD silent...... There is never a silence in between classes..... Everyone was just staring blankly at the TV, and the teachers were just sitting there..... They cancelled the classes for the rest of the day, and we just sat there all day and watched the TV.......

No one was allowed in or out of the building......

The weirdest part of the day was when I got home, and we saw air force 1 and the 2 fighter jets flying overhead...... It was weird because we hear the jets going and I was like "there arent supposed to be planes flying, right"....

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
my school is soo cheap, they didn't show anything on TV, and they had the day going just like a normal day......

.......when I got home, I did manage to find 4 blank VHS tapes, ran each of them on SLP, and had it recording CNN (wish we got FOXnews here, but CNN is all we had at the time :suspense:) Anyway maybe it was 3 tapes, but I have somewhere between 24-36 hours of Sep. 11, and into Sep. 12th, I think I also have some tapes of the news footage of the recent war....although I dunno where they are, I figure, in 30 years, this stuff will be good and something to show to kids or something

·
Registered
989 Posts
Panther said:
my school is soo cheap, they didn't show anything on TV, and they had the day going just like a normal day......

.......when I got home, I did manage to find 4 blank VHS tapes, ran each of them on SLP, and had it recording CNN (wish we got FOXnews here, but CNN is all we had at the time :suspense:) Anyway maybe it was 3 tapes, but I have somewhere between 24-36 hours of Sep. 11, and into Sep. 12th, I think I also have some tapes of the news footage of the recent war....although I dunno where they are, I figure, in 30 years, this stuff will be good and something to show to kids or something
too bad VHS is slowly dieing off.. Pretty soon you'll have to get those on DVD. haha.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
There was a documentary on CBS that tells it all. Two French movie producers were filming routine stuff about the FDNY and then all hell broke loose.

I was at work. The whole damn internet crashed. I tried to make it a regular day, but it was like time stood still for the rest of the week. Nothing got done.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Did gas prices like EXPLODE around you guys.... Because where I live they just went up like 50c..... Pretty bad, but in some places they were charging something like $5...... And the govt made the stations pay back the customers......

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually one store just opened and new place and was selling gas at what the high temp. the day before was. So we filled my F-150(35 gal),my Durango(25 gal), my Dad's Dakota(18 gal),and my Dad's Expedition(25 gal). The gas was going for $.94 per gallon. :D That should last us for a few weeks.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Ahhh........ the days of less than a dollar for gas......

What a great concept, especially for a gas guzzling Q.......

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
I was at work in the Babson College Media Services Dept. I had the 7am-11am shift. It was a very bright, sunny, cool & misty day in Boston. My boss got a phone call and told me to turn on the TV in our office. We could see the smoke rising from the first plane's impact. I immediately had to take a van around campus and deliver TV's to classrooms so people could watch the footage. Just as I had set up a second TV, the second plane hit. It was like a dream or something. I got out of work at 11am and they already had cancelled classes for the day. A kid in one of my classes lost his dad. I'll never forget that day.

·
Registered
166 Posts
That was a very strange day for me. I work 2nd shift, and normally sleep till 1pm. On 9/11, I woke up for some strange reason at around 5 in the morning, MST. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I turned on the tube, flipped it to CNN to check the news. It was then that I struck by shock as I watched, on live TV, the second plane hitting the tower. I was glued at that point, watching the whole day, until I had to go to work. No one called into our support line that day.

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
banstyle said:
That was a very strange day for me. I work 2nd shift, and normally sleep till 1pm. On 9/11, I woke up for some strange reason at around 5 in the morning, MST. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I turned on the tube, flipped it to CNN to check the news. It was then that I struck by shock as I watched, on live TV, the second plane hitting the tower. I was glued at that point, watching the whole day, until I had to go to work. No one called into our support line that day.

I was out in country starting an engine rebuild for a stock car. Started remembering all my squad in Vietnam. Didn't get much work done.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
857 Posts
I was getting ready to take the kids to the state fair here in TN. I never put the tv on in the mornings. My hubbys son called from Jersey & was frantic & wanted to come down. Told us to put the tv on. Never made it to the fair. :( That day the light was different here in TN. I looked outside before I knew anything was happening & the light was very bright & not like any other I ahve seen again or before! They even mentioned that on the local news! Weird! After I heard what happened, it almost made sense...like heaven was opening up.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Its funny, because here, it was an absolutely perfect day.... I went out to the golf course, and I couldnt play thinking that there were people suffering less than 1000 miles away, not to mention americas greatest tragedy ever!!!

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
I was working afternoons at the time so I was home.
That was the day the lumber was delivered for my new garage.
The lumber all had to be moved from where they dropped it so I moved my truck back and turned the radio on to listen to some music. They broke in with a special report so I went inside to watch the news.
It took me the biggest part of the day to get the lumber moved because I kept going inside to watch it on tv.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was at the University of Texas getting ready for my military science class when I stepped into the lounge next to a Colonel, 2 Majors, and 2 Captains. They were all just silently staring at the TV. We were pretty much just shocked. Now I'm probably heading off to Iraq around Sept. 1st.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts