Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a 2019 XTS and love the car. There are so many great features including voice commands. However my Voice commands are very misunderstood, especially for navigation , that it is a comedy show. My guess is I am not speaking at the microphones. But I do not know where to direct my voice. Any help where to focus My voice commands? And I enjoy this forum! Thank you.

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,512 Posts
We just purchased a 2019 XTS and love the car. There are so many great features including voice commands. However my Voice commands are very misunderstood, especially for navigation , that it is a comedy show. My guess is I am not speaking at the microphones. But I do not know where to direct my voice. Any help where to focus My voice commands? And I enjoy this forum! Thank you.
If you have a strong accent of any type, it may not understand. I recall seeing a video with a Scottish guy in Scotland speaking his commands and the woman with a British accent for the car voice recognition could not understand him at all. You can guess how well THAT went over with the Scotsman!

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
79,949 Posts
Isn't there a way to enter the sound system and let it "learn" your particular voice? My Explorer has a voice recognition app. Worked for both Karen and me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.