Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just paid $800 for 30k dealer service :rant2: , is there any suggestions for less expensive service. Dealers? Or should I just take it to Pep boys, Strauss, Autozone? :hmm:

·
Registered
19 Posts
THE EXECUTIVE said:
Just paid $800 for 30k dealer service :rant2: , is there any suggestions for less expensive service. Dealers? Or should I just take it to Pep boys, Strauss, Autozone? :hmm:
What exactly did they do for $800, new brakes & tires??...
You shouldn't have needed a coolant flush, trans service or spark plugs/tune up @ 30K.....

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
THE EXECUTIVE said:
Did you get a b***job with that? Depending on what you had done, $800 sounds pretty steep, but for god sakes dont put your beautiful and highly sophisticated car in the hands of some Pep Boys wrenchhead (no offense to anyone who works at Pep Boys, I shop there all the time but I still dont think they're qualified to work on my car).

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
THE EXECUTIVE said:
I only hoped that you searched this forum for threads on the 30K service before you brought your car in, or at least post an iquiry...That's why we are here....My dealer was charging I thin about 700 for the 30 K service..I posted a thread, got some feedback, and I didn't go thru with it.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pjohnesq said:
I only hoped that you searched this forum for threads on the 30K service before you brought your car in, or at least post an iquiry...That's why we are here....My dealer was charging I thin about 700 for the 30 K service..I posted a thread, got some feedback, and I didn't go thru with it.....
Yes sad to say I ate the 800dollar bullit
saw no other option :crying:
but I appreciate your support,
I was going to bring it to the Gidron dealer for service in Yonkers but it was seized :eek:

Well for future reference what did you wind up doing

·
Registered
19 Posts
THE EXECUTIVE said:
I was going to bring it to the Gidron dealer for service in Yonkers but it was seized :eek:

So what did they actually "do" for $800 @ 30K??

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
THE EXECUTIVE said:

For 675, they would inspect brakes, rotate tires, oil change etc, but the main portion of this service is cleaning and flushing of the fuel system...fuel injection system is cleaned; intake valves cleaned; throttle body cleaned and flushed and some other stuff....they also replace the filter, but I have a Volant. Oh, I ended up with just an oil change (free for life), and took care of a recall item and some accessory work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bag-of-Dirt said:
So what did they actually "do" for $800 @ 30K??

For 768+tax
.Change engine oil and oil filter.

.Install Krex Graphite Engine Lubricant.

.Lubricate suspension,drive line, hinges, and all contact points.

.Top off fluid levels and check tire pressure

.Check belts,hoses,and lights.

.Rotate tires and computerized wheel balance

.Inspect front brakes, clean and adjust rear brakes(where applicable), and adjust parking brake.

.Engine performance service,includes clean and re-gap spark plugs, replace fuel filter, air filter,and PCV valve

.Clean air intake housing

.Inspect undercarriage and exhaust system

.Flush fuel injectors and fuel rails

.Perform windshield wiper service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
THE EXECUTIVE