Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
05 STS 1SG v8 RWD
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I want to replace the air lines to my STS's level ride.
my compressor and shocks where replaced not long ago, but the dealer used the original lines.

I am pretty sure the lines are leaking, from time to time when at a stop light I can hear the compressor start and stay on for up to 15 sec.

anyone know what type or where to get replacement lines?

K

·
0 Posts
More than likely a faulty part or sloppy installation by the dealer. I would take it back to him rather than try the DITY route.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
The compressor assembly comes with new lines it is part of the part number

If they didn't replace them they should of and if they did then they routed them improperly

Either way its on the dealer.

·
Registered
05 STS 1SG v8 RWD
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I supplied the parts to the dealer, the compressor was a reman from suncore, it didn't come with the lines

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
You SOL then. Rule of thumb. Supply your own parts NO warranty. Could of done it youself in under 2 hours with basic hand tools. Now you have to replace the lines with is far more tedious to route and mount properly.

·
Registered
05 STS 1SG v8 RWD
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome thanks MIVet28.

I called the dealer, they are $128 through them, the ones you found are a more acceptable price.

all the parts that I supplied to the dealer was AC Delco except the compressor which was a Suncore Industries reman (which had a AC Delco sticker on it...lol)

·
Registered
06 STS - 1SG AWD V8 and 94 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
40 Posts
can i just replace the end? a GM kit or hardware store part? I had one come off when I removed it from the old shock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts