Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title pretty much says it all......the cup holder has been broken for quite some time now, gonna wanna replace that, also need a new air filter...i'm 16 with no job yet, spending a nice chunk of money to just get the thing running and registerd, no need really for a K&N air filter that will cost me 50 bucks.....pretty much the cheaper the better as long as its still acceptable quality (current one has a rip in it)
Thanks

(BTW i'm still going to do the burnout video, and its still schedualed for the end of June/early July :p)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cupholders for these seem pretty high. The Cheapest I have seen is like $70 plus shipping and handling. There are ones on Ebay from time to time that go for higher than this. I'll have to look around and see if I can find you a link. I was going to replace mine, but decided against it, as it isn't worth $70 to me. Mine has none of the little rubber tab jammies, and the one "rest" is gone but it still holds cups pretty good. Styrofoam cups seem to get stuck in it though. :( As far as the filter, have you looked locally?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Air Filter:
NAPA: (www.napaonline.com)
NAPA Air Filter Gold - Item # FIL 6473 $15.79
Advance Auto : (www.advanceautoparts.com)
Purolator A45441 $16.88
Fram CA8225 $24.99
Autozone: (www.autozone.com)
STP AF7963 $22.99

There are a few. I don't think shipping is included in those prices, but you may find them at the local stores if you have them in your area. Those are all for a 1997, I am unsure what year you have if it matters.

Cup Holder:
GM Parts Direct Part # 9105189 $68.42 (www.gmpartsdirect.com)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i'd buy the air filter localy.
Jesus christ, 70 dollars for that flimsy pice of plastic? no thanks, lol.
I emailed the guy from Ghostwheeltech.net and he wants 55 for it, shipped.....even thats WAY too much for what it is....lol
It is/was such a cheeply made POS to begin with i dont want to spend 55 dollars to have it brake in two months. I'd be better off fabbing the broken part from wood or a pice of metal than paying that much....
Seriously....it was a horrible design and whoever designed the cupholders should be dragged behind an Escalade at 90+ MPH for a few hundred miles.....such a poor design. *END RANT*
Okay, verygood...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts