Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Saw this other member's lip spoiler, and am wondering where I can get one? Is this one factory? If so, it's a perfect fit of subtlety in that it's a lip spoiler that doesn't ruin the lines of the car:

Does anyone have a part number? Can it come painted? Do I have to go to a dealer? Am I asking too many questions?

But really, if someone bought one painted and had it installed, what was your price?

Thanks all,
-Steve

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Lindsay Cadillac.

It's the sport package spoiler.

I bought 2 of them from Luke at Lindsay Cadillac.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
u can go through Lindsay Cadillac, u can try ebay, there are various websites that vend them, u can try your dealership (*but they'll probably rip u off)

quite a few members have this, and i dont think the install is too hard either--check Jon's website (www.jon04ctsv.com) and he has a tutorial there on how to install it.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
6,675 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Silver Smoke
173 Posts
I ordered mine from Luke (Lindsay Cadillac) about a week ago. Just got it in today. Can't wait to get it installed!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Jon, how much harder is it to open the trunk (without changing the struts or anything) if u add a spoiler?

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Jon, how much harder is it to open the trunk (without changing the struts or anything) if u add a spoiler?
No idea, I never even bothered to try.

However, the problem isn't really opening the trunk.. It's getting the trunk to STAY open.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
glad i was of some assistnace :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
I really don't thing it adds much weight to the trunk. Its really a perfect tight fit.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
o0o ... lol

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I have installed one, it was pretty easy. As stated prep time is the hardest.
Comes with some nice templates.
All you need is the right drill bits and a hole saw.
Touch up paint is good for the surfaces around the cut holes to protect the metal from corrosion.

Kind of scary drilling a new car like that but it worked great on the one I did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts