Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched high and low, where is everyone buying their catch cans from? Or are you guys just making them yourselves?

·
Registered
18 Coupe, turbo, auto, dp,E 85,tune
825 Posts
rxperformance.com That's where I got mine. They make a fine product and they installed mine also. Video will be out soon of the install.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0 M6 FE3
605 Posts
There's also TRS Fabrication "Trent" on facebook.

You *could* just buy one from ebay (many do) and then mount them infront of the accessory drive. The issue is the ATS has a convoluted and honestly hideous PCV system and it just doesn't do an amazing job at what it's intended to do, and I'd be wary about coming up with your own hose routing/connections without searching the threads to find out how others have routed it all.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,463 Posts
Atrim, read my DIY Pcv to Cafch Can Re-routing. Post #69 is my current setup with no whistles or cels.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
No...internal baffles in the cam cover. We suspect the rear PCV valve is the culprit. But, only under certain conditions. I have a check valve installed in the air intake line and I hear a silght whistle for about 3 seconds when I shut the engine off.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T
79 Posts
Just installed my kit and noticed the whistle after it warmed up. Do you think it could harm anything?

----------

Maybe it is just moving so much more air through it than when it was just coming off the turbo?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T
79 Posts
OK , did some messing around. It is the rear pvc making the noise, you are right oemtech. Ended up getting a cel already and fuel trims were way high. I did some tinkering and used a nitrous jet on the vacuum side line by the throttle body to restrict vacuum, .040 jet trims were close to stock, .080 jet could hear the whistle. Ended up using a .060 jet and trims very close to where they are with line capped off, and very faint whistle noise . I will test this for awhile see how it is.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Atrim, if you put a vacuum gauge on the line going to the air intake in stock config you will only see maybe .5 psi of vacuum. Not sure what it would be at hwy speed and under boost. But, I bet it would be much higher. So, my theory is the mist is re-circulated at low vacuum and mixed with fresh filtered air via the front PCV valve. But, under hwy speed and boost the mist is sucked into the air tube and into the turbo. I base this on oil in the white silencer and the intake of the turbo. I added a check valve on the air intake so no mist can go to the turbo but fresh filtered air can go to the engine.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T
79 Posts
Did some more messing around with this again today and hooked up all pcv's to the catch can, and made a vacuum tee restrciting vacuum so the whistle noise is minimal but still has vacuum on all three pcvs.

Started off with a 3/8" brass tee fitting at the evap solenoid line for the idle and low throttle vacuum

20150503_152022.jpg

Took a nitrous flare jet and kept increasing the orfice until i just started to hear the whistle from the pcv valves. Ended up drilling to a .067

20150503_152255.jpg

Took the jet and tinned the jet and end of tee fitting with solder and soldered them together to restrict the vacuum to the pcv valves to reduce the noise and fuel trims. Fuel trims however i can re tune with HP tuner.

20150503_154028.jpg

Used a reducer nylon tee fitting that is 3/8" through and 1/2" off the side to match the existing line size going to the pcv valves on the side of the valve cover.

20150503_154051.jpg
20150503_154058.jpg
20150503_155923.jpg

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Winner Winner. .. chicken dinner. I hope you update Tracy with this info.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T
79 Posts
I'm not saying this is the right way, but it helped. It has more vacuum at idle than it does from the factory so i'm sure it helps with evacuation. Hopefully Tracy figures out something or this helps with a final solution. I don't normally drive this car but cant wait to see what the catch can traps in it.

·
Registered
CTS
1,882 Posts
Really sounds like a temp solution! Good job!

We have a new valve cover on the way to look at just where and how it is making noises and will update afterwards.

Good work!

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T
79 Posts
Their fix is based off of what i have figured out to work in this case. They did not develop the fix. I really expected a true fix, not taking my "temp solution" and using it as their fix.

----------

And i expect this fix to still throw a lean code, as it jacks up fuel trims still. I was able to tune it out with hp tuner, most people probably don't have that option.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts