Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya All -

Wonder if someone can give provide me with the follwoing information regarding the BCM in my 1989 Sedan DeVille:

- Where would the best place be to purchase one? I would rather not go to the dealer, but I have called most of the auto parts stores in my area and none seem to carry it. If someone purchased one, where did you get it from. I have also checked all of the junkyards here as well.. none have one from an '89... they just have ones from years '90, '91 and '92. I asked if they cross-referenced .. but they could not tell me.

- Where is the BCM located (I believe it is behind the glove box) and what does it look like? I found 4 metal boxes in this vicinity... one of which has to be the BCM... but I cannot tell just by visual examination
Box 1 - Long thin metal box (almost square) which has only one connector on it (with multiple wires). The plastic part of the connector says "RED" on it.

Box 2 - Long thin rectangular metal box with two connectors on it. Each connector has multiple wires attached to it. On the top of the box is what appears to be a hatch of some sort (looks like to alllow you to get at a memory module). I think this is it... but I am not sure. I also believe at least one of the connectors (if not both) were puple in color... but I could be mistaken on this.

Box 3 - small black box that looks like a relay box... has 4-5 separate connectors for individual wires. Attached with a clip to another plastic piece and is located very close to the vacuum hoses used for the air deflectors

Box 4 - Again lon thin metal rectangular box that has 6-8 connectors on it with each connector having multiple wires attached. This box is located on the Pass side wall... I believe this is the ECM module.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
TIA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hiya TIA

I have the same question, where is the the BCM located and how to identify it??
I assume you´ve found out.
I appreciate an answer from anyone.

Thank you.
Ake

·
Registered
14 Posts
da_bills2 said:
Hiya All -

Wonder if someone can give provide me with the follwoing information regarding the BCM in my 1989 Sedan DeVille:

- Where would the best place be to purchase one? I would rather not go to the dealer, but I have called most of the auto parts stores in my area and none seem to carry it. If someone purchased one, where did you get it from. I have also checked all of the junkyards here as well.. none have one from an '89... they just have ones from years '90, '91 and '92. I asked if they cross-referenced .. but they could not tell me.

- Where is the BCM located (I believe it is behind the glove box) and what does it look like? I found 4 metal boxes in this vicinity... one of which has to be the BCM... but I cannot tell just by visual examination
Box 1 - Long thin metal box (almost square) which has only one connector on it (with multiple wires). The plastic part of the connector says "RED" on it.

Box 2 - Long thin rectangular metal box with two connectors on it. Each connector has multiple wires attached to it. On the top of the box is what appears to be a hatch of some sort (looks like to alllow you to get at a memory module). I think this is it... but I am not sure. I also believe at least one of the connectors (if not both) were puple in color... but I could be mistaken on this.

Box 3 - small black box that looks like a relay box... has 4-5 separate connectors for individual wires. Attached with a clip to another plastic piece and is located very close to the vacuum hoses used for the air deflectors

Box 4 - Again lon thin metal rectangular box that has 6-8 connectors on it with each connector having multiple wires attached. This box is located on the Pass side wall... I believe this is the ECM module.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
TIA

·
Registered
14 Posts
check advance auto parts web site
they can get ahold of a BCM for you
They even show ya a picture of the BCM

For a 92 Deville they are in the neighborhood of 100.00 bucks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts