Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Eldorado 1978
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I live in Norway, Europe and have just bougth and imported a Eldorado -78. I would like to know the options the car has, but I cant find the RPO sticker to find out.

I have read somewhere that it should be found at the spare tire cover, but I cant find it there. I also can`t believe that Cadillac have put the RPO sticker on a thin blanket, made of cloth, for spare tire cover. Does anyone know where I can find the sticker on a Eldorado -78?

·
Registered
2018 Camaro 2SS/NPP/F55/AQJ, Sold: 2015 Camaro, 2006 STS (EXP) 1997 Seville STS (EXP)
447 Posts
The GM RPO-Sticker's ("Service Parts Identification"-Decals) are introduced somewhere around the early mid 80s (should be 1984)

...the "older" Cars use a "Cowl Tag"/"Body Number Plate" for some RPOs and other little informations...located in the engine bay....

...maybe...with a little luck...sometimes there is somewhere a build sheet (a paper with RPO Codes "forgotten" from the plant...which does correspond to the so called "Window Sticker") hidden in the car...put under/in a seat, under carpet, behind a doorpanel....

·
Registered
Cadillac Eldorado 1978
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The GM RPO-Sticker's ("Service Parts Identification"-Decals) are introduced somewhere around the early mid 80s (should be 1984)

...the "older" Cars use a "Cowl Tag"/"Body Number Plate" for some RPOs and other little informations...located in the engine bay....

...maybe...with a little luck...sometimes there is somewhere a build sheet (a paper with RPO Codes "forgotten" from the plant...which does correspond to the so called "Window Sticker") hidden in the car...put under/in a seat, under carpet, behind a doorpanel....
OK. I will search for it in the car. I have already checked under the front seats. Nothing there. I assume that a tag in engine bay only has few details (color code etc)? I will check.

But is there a register (in GM system?) today that has all the details and information regarding what options the car was ordered and delivered with? (I have read that Pontiac has such one).

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
Remove the back seat lower cushion, turn it over, it should be jambed into the waffle springs under the foam rubber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts