Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where exactly is this thing located ? Some say it is inside the car, next to the ECM, other say its under the hood. I am getting an extremely rich running condition, warm or cold, and am going to check the MAP first. It floods right out & stalls when you floor it. Thanks !

·
Registered
85 Eldo Biarritz
808 Posts
I have 85 Eldo (very similar to yours). My MAP and and ambient pressure sensor (both are similar) are both bolted to the same bracket under dash, on the right side near ECM. I haven't been there for a while, so I don't rememebr exactly where. Both are somewhat rectangular in shape with a connector on one end and a nipple on another. the MAP has a vacuum hose attached to it (which is routed to the intake). the other sensor has an open nipple (as it senses ambient pressure). As I expect they are the same part , you shoud be able to swap them to see if the problem moves.

You can also monitor the MAP parameter on your dash display in the diagnostic mode. That should give you a clue whether it si working properly or not.

Peteski

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 85 Fleetwood 4.1 R.W.D. I am sure that the map sensor is located in the same position on both vehicles, if you remove the glove box insert you will find the MAP and BARO sensors next to each other, it's a little tight to get to, but can be removed quite easily, I changed mine quite easily, before buying new MAP sensor try pulling off the pipe while vehicle is idling, sometimes fuel will cause a blockage, pulling the pipe off will suck out any fuel from the pipe. you should be able to check the MAP and BARO sensor from the climate control by going into the engine codes by pressing OFF and HI at the same time, after sequence has completed then go to read the engine sensor read-outs. hope this is helpfull for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts