Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 Coupe Deville which just started to stall. Today it will not start. I have noticed a loss of power, like it was starving for fuel when trying to go up hills. I took off the aircleaner and tried to start the engine, pumped the gas pedal and should smell gas. I don't. My guess is either the fuel filter or fuel pump. When I just turn on the engine with the key I do hear what I belive to be the fuel pump.

I want to start with the simple fix, the filer. Can anyone tell me where they stashed the fuel fileter on this car?/

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome....... Thanks for signing up :wave:

Im not sure exactly where it is, but if I recall correctly some other modern cadillacs have the fuel filter under the car.... Not sure.......

And, if Im not mistaken, you wont smell gas because this isnt a carburated engine.......

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Wes is right, it's fuel injected. I don't know where the filter is, maybe if you go buy a replacement at a parts store, the person there could probably tell you.

·
Registered
´67 Eldorado, ´96 Eldorado
522 Posts
There are two places, where fuel filter can be: under the car near fuel tank or under the car near transmission, in left side...
Its really easy to replace too

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Will you need to jack up the car to get to it, or can you just lay on the ground to get it.....?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
If memory serves, it's on the right side right around the area of the R/R seat outboard side. The Fleetwoods are to the inside of the frame rail on the opposite side (left side) of the car. It's a metal, in-line filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts