Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Journey HD brake controller now, which is supposed to be pre-wired for GM trucks, including the Escalade. The manual states that the wiring provisions are included, but doesn't show where they are. Also, the manual talks bout wires, not a clip, and the controller came with a clip that has the wires pre-attached...Any help??

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I found where I think it should go, as there are other plugs very similar to it there, and one open contact point, but the adapter doesn't fit in there because the contact points don't line up...I'm finding harnesses that state they are for 2002-2006 Escalades, but not the 2007 version. Has anyone done this right?

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe I used wires from under the dash and under the hood, I was a year ago and trying to remember
I can see where the connectors go, but for sure they do not line up with the adapter connected to the brake controller - looks like I will have to figure out which wires and splice, then? There are SO many under there, how do you know which ones to use?

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm also confused why all the manufacturers of these harnesses say that they work for '2002-current', even Prodigy, yet they do not fit in the open receptacle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts