Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to find the battery of my Cadillac STS. i was told its under the back seat on the passenger side but i dont know how to get the seat open would you help me out?

I went out of town for a week and my dome light was on i came back abd the car was dead. i tried jumping it from the fuse box and all i got were the lights to come on. i think i might need a bad.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,114 Posts
:rolleyes: JoRob, Put the car in the driveway. Open both rear doors. Roll up the seatbelts and stow them in the slots provided. Reach in and grab the bottom front center of the back seat. Lift up strongly. When the seat loosens, slide it forward a bit and, compressing the tab, remove the electrical connection at the passenger side, under. Slide the seat out of the car. Take a long, hard look at the battery, its construction, and the push-on vent system. Make sure you have an exact ACDelco replacement on hand. Remove the positive connection first, then the negative. If necessary, wash the battery floor pan area with water and baking soda, rinse. Let dry thoroughly. Paint black with Rustoleum. After a couple of hours drying time, replace the (new ?) battery and hold-down. Replace the vent system. Hook up the positive, then negative terminals. (When you make up the negative terminal, you may get a spark.) Carefully spray the terminal areas with WD-40. Hook up and replace the seat by tilting it up and backwards into the rear slots, push back, then pop it down. Enjoy. (BTW, there are 2 metal tabs just behind the engine room fuse box, marked "+" and "-". Use those for jumper cables.)

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:rolleyes: JoRob, Put the car in the driveway. Open both rear doors. Roll up the seatbelts and stow them in the slots provided. Reach in and grab the bottom front center of the back seat. Lift up strongly. When the seat loosens, slide it forward a bit and, compressing the tab, remove the electrical connection at the passenger side, under. Slide the seat out of the car. Take a long, hard look at the battery, its construction, and the push-on vent system. Make sure you have an exact ACDelco replacement on hand. Remove the positive connection first, then the negative. If necessary, wash the battery floor pan area with water and baking soda, rinse. Let dry thoroughly. Paint black with Rustoleum. After a couple of hours drying time, replace the (new ?) battery and hold-down. Replace the vent system. Hook up the positive, then negative terminals. (When you make up the negative terminal, you may get a spark.) Carefully spray the terminal areas with WD-40. Hook up and replace the seat by tilting it up and backwards into the rear slots, push back, then pop it down. Enjoy. (BTW, there are 2 metal tabs just behind the engine room fuse box, marked "+" and "-". Use those for jumper cables.)
Hey thanks a lot I really appreciate the fact helped me with this problem. i did get it working again. a lot of ppl can learn from you. they should realize i didnt post a question to get a bunch of " you posted it in the wrong place. I just wanted help"

Thanks again

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
you cant answer a question by asking a question :tisk:
Some of us think we can.

We try to get specific questions aligned with specific types of cars. Typically better and faster answers.

Don't mind jokes here and people looking like they are hasseling you. Forum is a good place for learning answers and techniques, but we also like to mess around.

You are luck that someone did not tell you to check the blinker fluid. Common answer. Don't take it personally. We are good people who want to help. We sometimes pick on the newbies--just for the heck of it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hey thanks a lot I really appreciate the fact helped me with this problem. i did get it working again. a lot of ppl can learn from you. they should realize i didnt post a question to get a bunch of " you posted it in the wrong place. I just wanted help"

Thanks again
Actually, only one person said that. The other was just questioning the one who posted it in the first place. You haven't came with the greatest attitude for this forum.

As I said, your manual should show you how to remove it. Also, the search function will save you alot of time.

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, only one person said that. The other was just questioning the one who posted it in the first place. You haven't came with the greatest attitude for this forum.

As I said, your manual should show you how to remove it. Also, the search function will save you alot of time.

how have I not come with the greatest attitude when i only said 2 things lol.

I dont have to explain everything i did before i post that i need help. I didnt think it hurt to see a cadi sts post thats not in the right place. i must have did something ok because some1 got to me and told me the right thing without the BS. see the prob is that your some1 who wants to try to down some1. I posted the question less that 2 min after i registered. it dont make a diff if i put it in honda, ford or cadi. if you can help why dont you help me first and then say " he you can put in it such in such spot for cadi help. but its all good" but you wanted to ask a question like i was stupid or something i can see ur not a ppl person

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,986 Posts
Mistakes made.
Lessons learned.
Points made.
Thread closed.
:welcome:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.