Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS, '11 CTS Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no sound. Every on the stereo works as it should but nothing comes out, no blinkers, no chimes, no music. It would come and go before, with no trigger really, some days it would work perfect, other days it would get progressively worse.

Gonna start with the amp as I have easy access to a replacement to test, but where the hell is the amp located. I've searched the shit out of this and cant find it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
opposite of the fuse box just remove the carpet on the left side of the trunk. let me know I'm having issues with my amp also (12coupe). Getting static in one door speaker and nothing at all out of the other. everything else is working.. Have you checked the amp fuse?

·
Registered
05 CTS, '11 CTS Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I've checked everything. If it was a fuse I suspect it would have just went out, and not gone in and out.

Thanks for the help, I assumed it was under one of the seats in the cabin.

·
Registered
05 CTS, '11 CTS Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that didn't work...Amp was out of an Identical car...except it had the Nav. Tried it anyway as I figured it was worth it to test and all i got was a little interference and then nothing. Gonna start testing wires and see what I get.

Yours sounds more like a couple of bad speakers

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
There have been reports of corrosion on the amp plug causing many problems. I'd check that out first. There are a lot of speakers (either 8 or 10 depending on your audio system) and they wouldn't all be shot.

Marv

·
Registered
05 CTS, '11 CTS Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty sure its 7 or 10, and mine is 7. I know the speakers arent shot, Trying to narrow down if its the Amp, Headunit, or a ground/power connection.

I wanted to try an amp first but the amp for the 10 speaker NAV unit didn't work so im not sure if its because something was wrong with using that amp or if its not the amp. I see no corrosion but I will double check.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can you elaborate more on this? my dealership tested out an amp on mine and reported "Water damage" on my amplifier, maybe it actually was corrosion.

There have been reports of corrosion on the amp plug causing many problems. I'd check that out first. There are a lot of speakers (either 8 or 10 depending on your audio system) and they wouldn't all be shot.

Marv
----------

I'm getting interference/static.. even when the car is off, so i know its not a speaker issue.

·
Registered
05 CTS, '11 CTS Coupe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It could very well still be a speaker issue, but if you have static when the car is off, sounds like a grounding issue, be it at the speaker level or amp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts