Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
'09 Black Raven Sedan A6
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to appologize for my ignorance. I bought my 09 V used and it doesn't have any badges on the trunk. I've tried searching on the forum and Google but keep finding some pictures that show the V on the left side of the trunk and some that are on the right side of it. I assume that has something to do with the year. I ordered one on E-bay and it should be here any day now. Can somebody please tell me where the V badge is supposed to go on an '09 and give me some kind of measurements so I don't put it on in the wrong spot? Where do I look this stuff up so I don't have to keep asking?

Matt

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Matt,

Put the CTS on the bottom LEFT side of the trunk lid and put the V emblem on the bottom RIGHT side of the trunk lid. The factory has the plastic templates they use to place them so they aren't crooked and they are evenly spaced from the edges of the trunk.

·
Registered
'09 Black Raven Sedan A6
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matt,

Put the CTS on the bottom LEFT side of the trunk lid and put the V emblem on the bottom RIGHT side of the trunk lid. The factory has the plastic templates they use to place them so they aren't crooked and they are evenly spaced from the edges of the trunk.
What are the dimensions of the template?

----------

Which one of these guys is correct? See where the confusion lies.............

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts

----------

The V emblem changed from the left side to the right side. As a multi-year owner, I can tell you VfaninVa is correct. For a 2009, your V belongs on the left side of the trunk.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Why have it backwards like GM acknowledged and then changed it over? If you want it to look factory for a 2009 model year, then the V goes on the left and the CTS goes on the right. If you want it to look more current, do it the way I first outlined.

I am also a multi-year V owner, which I'm not sure makes much of a difference.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;
1,219 Posts
The V emblem changed from the left side to the right side. As a multi-year owner, I can tell you VfaninVa is correct. For a 2009, your V belongs on the left side of the trunk.
2009 was unique. Starting in 2010 MY (all the way thru 2015, I believe). the V badge moved to the right side of the trunk lid.

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Well, let's see if I can remember where everything's at:
Small emblems reloading shed wall, engine cover bedroom closet, factory cam, lifters,
lower & next size up pulley, factory headers, all stock parts pulled off during HPE 700
conversion, all factory parts from SC lid conversion & DSteck flex fuel conversion,
AlkyControl methanol injection parts left over, reloading shed.
Well, that's about all that I can remember.

Extra turbo Buick parts, Dining room table, dining room breakfront, hallway closet,
reloading shed.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
^^^Reading this, I started hearing the theme music from Sanford and Son! :)

·
Registered
2015 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Crystal White Polished Wheels Sunroof
146 Posts
Well, let's see if I can remember where everything's at:
Small emblems reloading shed wall, engine cover bedroom closet, factory cam, lifters,
lower & next size up pulley, factory headers, all stock parts pulled off during HPE 700
conversion, all factory parts from SC lid conversion & DSteck flex fuel conversion,
AlkyControl methanol injection parts left over, reloading shed.
Well, that's about all that I can remember.

Extra turbo Buick parts, Dining room table, dining room breakfront, hallway closet,
reloading shed.
Your single, correct?

·
Registered
2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium
1,018 Posts

----------

After you get the badge, see if you can find a V at your dealer. Take some pics and measurements, shouldn't be too hard to get stuck on in the right place. I had a 1991 ZR-1, it didn't have badges on the hood, but the 1992+ ZR-1's all did. I bought two of the badges, and used this method to get them in the right location.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts